Archive for February 2013

[ecrea] Leibniz Association Knowledge Media Research Center & University of Tuebingen, Division for Empirical Media Research

Mon Feb 18 19:52:13 GMT 2013

bniz Association Knowledge Media Research Center & University of Tuebingen, Division for Empirical Media Research

Working language: English

We are offering a

65% Research Associate position (TV-L 13), fixed term (31.12.2014),

at the ScienceCampus Tübingen "Informational Environments". The ScienceCampus Tübingen "Informational Environments", which was initiated by the Leibniz Association and the University of Tuebingen, is the first ScienceCampus to be realized in Germany.

You will work in a cooperative research project between the Leibniz Knowledge Media Research Center and the Institute for Media Studies’ Empirical Media Research Division. Our project is called

“Sowing bad seeds? The effects of a provocative public-service campaign against childhood obesity in a digital media world“.

The project is part of a research cluster, dealing with obesity in childhood and adolescence. As part of this cluster we particularly research on effects of provocative prevention campaigns in digital media. We are focusing on media effects and media appropriation of these campaigns.

We are looking for a committed colleague who is interested in health communication and media effects research. You will also be expected to use the post for further qualification (PhD).

Your tasks

• Design, implementation and evaluation of scientific research

• Create reports and scientific publications

• Validation of test methods

• Acquisition and processing of data

• Coordinative tasks (e.g. cooperation with partners)

• Willingness to further academic qualification (PhD)

You will need to be able to demonstrate sophisticated research and analytical skills. Substantial knowledge of multivariate statistical methods is essential; experience of empirical research would be preferable, especially in regard of experimental research designs. A high level of communication and organizational skills (English language), is required. Time-management and team-working skills are also essential. Profound knowledge of current statistics software (SPSS or R/RStudio) would be preferable.

Enquiries about this post can be made to Ms. Anja Lambrecht, Department of Media Studies, Division of Empirical Media Research. Email: (anja.lambrecht /at/ uni-tuebingen.de)

Your application may be directed in one PDF file to (personal /at/ iwm-kmrc.de)

Vacancy Ref: 016-2013

Closing Date: 01.03.2013

Leibniz-Institut für Wissensmedien

Verwaltung

Schleichstr. 6, 72076 Tübingen

Info: http://www.iwm-kmrc.de

We equally value women and men. Handicapped applicants will be considered if suitable as a priority.