Archive for February 2013

[ecrea] CFP: Journal of Digital and Media Literacy

Tue Feb 12 06:03:23 GMT 2013

The /Journal of Digital and Media Literacy /(an academic, peer-reviewed journal publishing traditional research articles alongside creative digital projects) is currently accepting submissions for its Winter issue. To be considered for our Winter issue, please submit by April 1st.

Published by the James L. Knight School of Communication at Queens University of Charlotte (with support from the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation), JoDML examines the ways people use technology to create, sustain, and impact communities on local, national, and global levels. Our content is descriptive and prescriptive in regards to how civic leaders, media practitioners, scholars, and educators engage with all aspects of digital and media literacy throughout the communities in which they work, live, and serve.

*
*

*Types of Submissions*

Research and Scholarship* (*5000 -- 6000 words)

   * Scholars may submit research articles and theoretical/critical
     papers for double-blind peer review. These manuscripts must relate
     and contribute to the emerging field of digital and media
     literacy. Authors must engage with the existing literature and the
     research question/answer should significantly contribute to the
     field. Submissions must be written to engage readers at an
     undergraduate reading level; we strive for a Flesch Reading Ease
     score of 30. Our goal is to publish academically sophisticated
     research with a simplified writing style for a broad audience.
     This readability requirement should inspire authors to write in
     such a way that includes---and welcomes---the audience that they
     research.

Digital Projects

   * Scholars, artists, activists, practitioners, and educators may
     submit interactive, mobile, web-based, photographic, video or any
     combination of mixed media digital projects for double-blind peer
     review.
   * Authors should submit a written introduction for each digital
     project submission that theoretically frames the project within
     the field of digital and media literacy.

To learn more, visit: http://www.jodml.org/2013/02/01/introduction-to-the-journal-of-digital-and-media-literacy/

For more information about the types of content we publish visit: _http://www.jodml.org/submit/_

Thanks,

Editor, JoDml