[ecrea] call for chapters: The Black Holes of Communication. Scientific, Communication and Meta-Research in Communication

Fri Dec 07 18:41:59 GMT 2012

from
Elea Giménez Toledo<(elea.gimenez /at/ cchs.csic.es)>

We are pleased to inform you that the scientific Journal Comunicar is
 preparing a new monographic issue due to be published for the second
 semester of 2013 entitled “The Black Holes of Communication. Scientific
 Communication and Meta-Research in Communication”.

 The aim of this monographic issue is to analyze the processes related to
 research and scientific publication in the area of Communication in its
 various dimensions: research topics addressed, methodologies applied,
 scientific publication patterns (collaborations,  internationality of the
 contributions or citations, influence of the publications on the evaluation
 processes, communication for researchers vs. communication for society,
 concept and role of the scientific journal in communication, relevance of
 bibliometrics in this area, publication of research results through other
 channels or the roles of editors and publishers in scientific communication
 (monographs, thesis, electronic formats, etc.).

 You can find the complete information about the monographic issue (topics
 proposed, key dates of the call, etc.) at
 http://www.revistacomunicar.com/pdf/call/call-41-es.pdf. The deadline for
 sending originals is the 30th of January, 2013.

 As editors of the issue we encourage all of the ECREA members to send their
 proposals. We would be grateful if you may distribute this e-mail to them.

 All research articles will undergo a peer review process. Comunicar is a
 journal covered by Journal Citation Reports, ERIH, Scopus and in Spanish
 databases such as RESH, In Recs and DICE, attaining the highest levels of
 compliance with quality criteria in its area of knowledge.

 We hope this call for papers is of interest to ECREA members.

 Yours sincerely,

 Dr. Elea Giménez Toledo

 Research Fellow, EPUC Group. CSIC.

 Dr. Evaristo Jiménez-Contreras

 Professor, EC3 Group, University of Granada