[ecrea] University of Melbourne Job

Thu Oct 18 04:14:03 GMT 2012

SENIOR LECTURER IN MEDIA & COMMUNICATIONS
School of Culture & Communication
Faculty of Arts
The University of Melbourne, Australia
Salary: $104,370 - $120,344 p.a. plus 17% superannuation.
In a recent world ranking of Media and Communications programs, our program at the University of Melbourne has been ranked among the top ten worldwide and as the top program in Australia (QS Ranking 2012). As well as academic outputs, the ranking also reflects the program's reputation among employers. In addition, the Australian Research Council has classified Media and Communications at Melbourne as 'world class'. Our subjects and courses reflect this international standing. We train students for careers in the fast-changing professional areas of digital, broadcast, print and mobile communication. We equip students with an in-depth understanding of the changing nature of media industries and professional practices in the contemporary world and how these industries inform diverse social, cultural and political processes from global to local levels. Within this role you will be expected to lead new curriculum developments at Masters level in communications management, strategy and/or digital communications, as well as contribute to teaching of existing subjects and course content at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. You will also be expected to contribute to the Program's strong record in research and postgraduate supervision.
 Employment Type: Full-time (continuing) position

Enquiries only to: Associate Professor Ingrid Volkmer, Tel +61 3 8344 3500, Email: (ivolkmer /at/ unimelb.edu.au)

Close date: 14 November 2012

For position information and to apply online go to www.hr.unimelb.edu.au/careers, click on 'Search for Jobs' and search under the job title or job number 0030109.