[ecrea] [news] ECREA 2012 Istanbul draft programme published

Tue Jul 17 05:17:39 GMT 2012

ECREA 2012 Istanbul programme published

ECREA is pleased to inform that the first draft of the ECREA 2012 Istanbul conference programme has been now released.

http://www.ecrea2012istanbul.eu/docs/ECREA_2012_Istanbul_programme_v17Jul2012.pdf

> Download the table view of programme (pdf, 350 kb)
http://www.ecrea2012istanbul.eu/docs/ECREA_2012_Istanbul_table_17Jul2012.pdf

With just less than 100 days to go, we also remind you of another important deadline: is now less than a month left for the discounted early bird registration, in place until 15 August 2012.

There are now 170 Sections panels, 3 Networks panels, 7 Temporary Working Groups (TWGs) panels, 3 plenary sessions and 27 business meetings scheduled to take place at the event. The special panels will include sessions organized by IAMCR, ICA, ALAIC, ACS, IFCA and the Turkish Communication Research Association (ILAD) in collaboration with Mimar Sinan Fine Arts University and local organisations.

A stream is also dedicated to screenings of short films, features and documentaries. Accomodation and other information on Istanbul and Turkey by clicking on the links on the left menu . The four confirmed keynote speakers are: Donatella Della Porta, Douglas Kellner, Clemencia Rodriguez and Daya Thussu.

There will be three pre-conferences (http://www.ecrea2012istanbul.eu/pre-conference.html) on

- Experiencing Digital Games: Use, Effects and Culture of Gaming
> Register for this pre-conference: http://www.plato.edu.tr/digitalgames/default.aspx

- Communicating Climate Change III - The Audience Perspective
> Register for this pre-conference: http://www.plato.edu.tr/climatechangeIII/registration.aspx

- Imposing Freedoms: The role of copyright, privacy and censorship governance in the re/definition of rights in digital media

Special events on or off the main conference site will be grounded in top-level scholarly work, impeccable organisation, facilities and logistics and memorable events and occasions within and around the conference.

Following Amsterdam, Barcelona and Hamburg, the ECC 2012 is the first ECREA conference hosted in the South-East of Europe and will strive for continuation of work done in Hamburg. It will follow up on and fortify the work done at ECC 2010 in the area of 'Creating Links to the Central and Eastern European Research Communities' and contribute to the inclusion of researchers from Central and Eastern European countries as a place that facilitates the participation from these countries. In addition 'Encouraging European Research Networks and Projects' will be followed up from previous conferences and benefit from the expertise of ECREA members in this area.

Next deadlines
15 August 2012: End of early bird registration fee
1 October 2012: Deadline for online registration