[ecrea] Lectureship in Sociology and Communications Brunel University

Mon Jul 16 22:04:15 GMT 2012

Lecturer in Sociology
Brunel University - Department of Sociology & Communications, School of Social Sciences

Vacancy Ref: CLA0223-1

Fixed Term Post (9 months)

(recruitcla /at/ brunel.ac.uk)

Salary H3: £36,050 - £46,332 pa incl. London Weighting

The Department of Sociology & Communications is located in the School of Social Sciences, which also offers teaching and research programmes in Anthropology, Economics & Finance, History, Politics and Psychology.

We are a dynamic, friendly group with an international reputation. Our Department is organised around two vibrant research centres: The Centre for Culture, Media & Regulation; and the Centre for Biomedicine & Society. The successful candidate will have produced research likely to be rated nationally/internationally excellent in the forthcoming Research Excellence Framework and will have a strong commitment to teaching at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. The Department currently has 15 members of staff and approximately 300 students. We offer excellent support in terms of computer and data facilities and funding for conferences is provided for members of staff.

Although the post is open, applicants who can teach in the area of Forensics, Science & Society with a background in Sociology or a related discipline, would be particularly welcome. It is intended that the successful candidate will take up the post in September 2012.

Applicants must have or have nearly completed a PhD.

Informal enquiries to Professor Steven Wainwright, Head of Department (from August 2012), (steven.wainwright /at/ brunel.ac.uk)

Closing date for applications: Friday 20th July 2012

For further details and to apply please visit https://jobs.brunel.ac.uk/WRL/

Human Resources, Brunel University, Uxbridge, Middlesex UB8 3PH

Committed to Equal Opportunities and Representing the Diversity of the Community We Serve
Apply Online

Dr Lesley Henderson

Senior Lecturer in Sociology & Communications

Co Director, Centre for Media, Culture & Regulation

Brunel University, London UB8 3PH

http://www.brunel.ac.uk/sss/sociology/staff-profiles/lesley-henderson