[ecrea] Vacancy: Senior Lecturer: Visual Effects (Practice with a interest in Theory)

Fri Jun 22 10:31:01 GMT 2012

*Visual Effects (VFX) Lecturer: **Practice with an interest in theory (0.4)** ***

*Equivalent Full Time Salary £41,017.33 + benefits**, London*

Due to increased demand and a raised ceiling in the number of places we can offer next year, Ravensbourne is seeking to recruit an experienced practitioner-academic to work within a lively and highly creative Post Production team. Our Skillset-accredited Visual Effects courses are delivered within our new, award-winning, building next to the River Thames and the 02 in London. The programmes of study in Post Production at Ravensbourne are highly regarded in the UK and over 90% of our students find employment in the sector soon after graduation. We have excellent editing, grading and VFX facilities including high-end systems such as Film Master and Mistika.

The ideal candidate will have a good overview of the changing industrial contexts and aesthetics of Post Production and be keen to experiment with new technologies and processes. We are looking for someone with a thorough knowledge of industry standard software such as Smoke, Nuke, and After FX. You will also be familiar with the common editing and grading systems used in Post Production. In common with our existing Post Production staff, you will be a great communicator and a proactive team player. You are likely to be student-centered, passionate about teaching, and enjoy exploring new pedagogies. Staffs are also actively encouraged to maintain their own creativity and practice alongside their teaching. You will be keen to embed innovation into your learning and teaching and to contribute creatively to the development of our Post Production courses.**

Our students are framed as young professionals from induction onwards. We actively encourage an entrepreneurial attitude and seek to mirror industry practice where possible. We also create links with industry at every opportunity, issuing live briefs, providing opportunities for work based learning and internships. We encourage interdisciplinary working amongst our students and have a ‘T-shaped curriculum’ which teaches common digital skills and theories relating to the Creative Industries in parallel with a deep knowledge and understanding of specific discipline areas.

Ravensbourne is a dynamic place to work; our education, innovation and incubation community includes TechCity UK, and the East London Enterprise area. In addition to providing undergraduate and postgraduate programmes of study we aim to be a digital showcase for London, for world-leading UK research, and for technology-enabled, global, business. Since 2010 we have successfully attracted over £4 million investment from the EU to pilot digital incubator programmes. Our focus is attractive to world-leading departments producing ‘pure’ research due to our existing and established partnerships with industry and our practice-based approach. Our strategy is to amplify our existing community of innovation for the benefit of our students, the UK economy, our partners, and the public good.

To apply:?(w) http://careers.rave.ac.uk

*Closing date: Tuesday 26 June 2012*
Interviews: Tuesday 3 and Wednesday 4 July 2012

To have a chat about the role or to visit our building email Richard Hughes ((r.hughes /at/ rave.ac.uk) <mailto:(r.hughes /at/ rave.ac.uk)>) or Greg Loftin ((g.loftin /at/ rave.ac.uk) <mailto:(g.loftin /at/ rave.ac.uk)>).

Kind regards,

Lizzie

--
Dr Lizzie Jackson,
Academic Development Manager: Applied Research

M: [ removed ]
Skype:  london-lizzie.jackson
http://rave.academia.edu/LizzieJackson

Ravensbourne - RIBA Awards Winner for London 2011
Follow: twitter.com/RavensbourneUK <http://twitter.com/RavensbourneUK>