[ecrea] Associate Senior Lecturer, Visual Effects: Ravensbourne, London, UK

Fri Jun 08 17:49:51 GMT 2012

*
*

*Associate Senior Lecturer, Visual Effects (0.4) *

Salary: £16,406.93 + Benefits

Ravensbourne is seeking to recruit an experienced Visual Effects practitioner to deliver VFX to students across a range of courses. The ideal candidate will have a thorough knowledge of industry standard software such as Smoke, Nuke, and After FX, also editing and grading systems, and a keen interest in teaching and nurturing talent. You'll need to be a great communicator and a proactive team player. You'll be expected to contribute to the development of our Post Production courses and to generate training materials for students. The Post Production courses at Ravensbourne are highly regarded in the UK. We have excellent editing, grading and VFX facilities including high-end systems such as Film Master and Mistika. Most of our students find employment in the sector soon after graduation.

About Ravensbourne: We are based on the river Thames in London, next to the 02, on the Greenwich Peninsula. We have undergraduate BAs and BScs and a vibrant Masters programme. We are also creating a new applied research centre, 'Innovation Lab', which will partner with industry and with world-leading research departments such as the University of East Anglia's School of Film and Television, London South Bank's Informatics Department, and the Institute of Education at the University of London. We have strong relationships with Cisco, Siemens, Ogilvy, BBC R and D, Quintain, Creative Skillset, the Nominet Trust, NESTA, the 02, AEG, EMC Consulting, and many more. We are also a key part of London's digital accelerator triangle (Shoreditch, TechCityUK, and East London).

Closing date: Wednesday 20 June 2012
Interviews: Tuesday 3 July and/or Wednesday 4 July 2012

To apply: http://tinyurl.com/79h6rwc

For further information, to visit our new building, or to have a chat about the role contact: Greg Loftin ((g.loftin /at/ rave.ac.uk) <mailto:(g.loftin /at/ rave.ac.uk)>) or Richard Hughes ((r.hughes /at/ rave.ac.uk) <mailto:(r.hughes /at/ rave.ac.uk)>).

Kind regards,

Lizzie

Dr Lizzie Jackson,
Academic Development Manager: Applied Research
with responsibility for the Undergraduate Production Courses,
Ravensbourne
Penrose Way
London
SE10 0EW