[ecrea] Join the new ECREA TWG on Children, Youth and Media

Wed May 16 21:34:43 GMT 2012

Dear all,

ECREA is pleased to announce that one more ECREA Temporary Working Group (TWG), on Children, Youth and Media, has been approved.

This is the Children, Youth and Media TWG management team:
Chair: Sonia Livingstone (London School of Economics and Political Science LSE, London, United Kingdom)
Vice Chair: Brian O'Neill (Dublin Institute of Technology, Dublin, Ireland)
Vice Chair: Cristina Maria Ponte (FCSH - Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Lisboa, Portugal)

To join, you need to be an ECREA member. You can join ECREA here: http://www.ecrea.eu/register. Once you're a member, you can go to the ECREA website, and go to "My Information". Ticking the box in front of Children, Youth and Media will make you a member of the new TWG.

> Visit the Children, Youth and Media TWG page: http://www.ecrea.eu/divisions/twg/id/28

We hope that this new TWG will further strengthen ECREA, and its commitment to providing platforms for the diversity that characterises our field.

Kind regards,
Nico Carpentier

In order to join the new Children, Youth and Media TWG (or other TWGs, Sections and Networks), you have to be an ECREA member. ECREA members can log in at the ECREA home page (http://www.ecrea.eu/). Your email address is your login. In case you need a new password, please click on "Forgot your password" (left bottom corner of the screen). If you encounter technical problems, please contact Salvatore Scifo, at (webmaster /at/ ecrea.eu). If you then click on "My Information", which you will find in the left-hand menu, you will gain access to a webpage which lists all Sections, TWGs and Networks. To join one or more of these entities, simply click on the appropriate "join" button. You can join as many Sections, TWGs and Networks (S/TWG/N) as you want. If you have done so, please take a moment to scroll down and add more information about yourself in the windows below the S/TWG/N list.

The 8 ECREA Temporary Working Groups (TWGs) have the same remit as ECREA sections, but these TWGs are only established for a term of 4 years. After the end of the term and upon request of the Chair of the TWG, they can be renewed by the Executive Board only once for 4 more years, or they can be granted the status of a Section (see also articles 41 and 44 of the ECREA Bylaws). The activities of TWGs will include the organisation of one panel at the European Communication Conferences (ECCs) and the organisation of one event during the years when no ECC takes place. TWG will report on a yearly basis to the Executive Board (and the membership).