[ecrea] Transgressive Culture

Sat Mar 17 14:54:06 GMT 2012

Transgressive Culture is a new international electronic and print peer-reviewed journal published by Gylphi Limited. It concerns the limits – in all of their guises – and what lies beyond them. The journal aims include: (1) questioning the meaning and significance of transgressive culture; (2) understanding more deeply how this reflects on contemporary culture; and (3) offering an opportunity for transgressive culture to be more widely known through analysis of existing work and through generating new creative work. The first edition examining cultures of addiction was published at the end of 2011. We are in the process of preparing for our second edition looking at the broad theme of ‘madness’. We invite submissions from individuals keen to join our roster of book reviewers and those with interesting ideas for texts to review, both for our madness edition and for future editions. The length of Transgressive Culture book reviews will be between 2,000 – 4,000 words. We encourage, and are interested in, all writing that challenges norms and subverts expectations. For further information about Transgressive Culture or to view a sample: http://www.gylphi.co.uk/transgressive/index.php <http://uk.mg40.mail.yahoo.com/neo/redir.aspx?C=bdd6f0deb4cb4bd89e7e9e436670e4c2&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.gylphi.co.uk%2ftransgressive%2findex.php> Please send a brief outline of your interests to reviews editor Russell Williams ((russell.williams /at/ ulip.lon.ac.uk) <http://uk.mg40.mail.yahoo.com/neo/redir.aspx?C=bdd6f0deb4cb4bd89e7e9e436670e4c2&URL=mailto%3arussell.williams%40ulip.lon.ac.uk>)