[ecrea] Professor/Principal Lecturerships in Media Studies, University of Brighton

Wed Jan 18 08:36:48 GMT 2012

University of Brighton

Professor/Principal Lecturer in Media Studies (full-time)

from £55,758 to £ 59,156 per annum at Professor level
from £46,696 to £54,133 per annum at Principal Lecturer level

Based in the Faculty of Arts, Media Studies comprises a dynamic group of scholars delivering a diverse range of under and postgraduate courses in media studies, broadcast media production and journalism, who are informed and driven by research excellence and community engagement. For this senior appointment, we seek an exceptional individual who works at the forefront of Media Studies in the UK and internationally to inform and direct our postgraduate provision and research activities across our Brighton and Hastings campuses. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of obtaining research project funding, leadership in research, curriculum development and teaching of under and postgraduate courses.

Call (01273) 642849 (24 hours) or visit www.brighton.ac.uk/personnel

Ref: AM3086	Closing date:	31 January 2012

University of Brighton

Based at University of Brighton in Hastings

Principal Lecturer in Media and Film (full-time)

from £46,696 to £54,133 per annum

Based in the Faculty of Arts, this senior post provides an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic team of media theory and practice-based scholars, working predominantly at the University of Brighton’s Hastings campus as well as contributing towards our provision at our Moulsecoomb site in Brighton. You will contribute towards the leading, development and delivery of aspects of our diverse and growing provision of Broadcast Media/Film undergraduate courses as well as our postgraduate provision and research student culture. Areas of expertise must include the fields of visual communication, film and narrative theory, film industries and technologies, with a particular emphasis on the interconnections between theory and practice/production as well as research methodology and the foundations of media theory. In addition you will hold a PhD, be research active and have experience in course leadership, overseeing course developments and in mentoring junior colleagues in teaching and research-related matters.

Call (01273) 642849 (24 hours) or visit www.brighton.ac.uk/personnel

Ref: AM3113	Closing date:	31 January 2012