Archive for November 2012

[ecrea] Four new posts in the Birmingham School of Media [Media Theory; Journalism; Radio Pproduction; Media Production]

Wed Nov 14 02:51:57 GMT 2012

You may be interested in one of the four new posts at the Birmingham School of Media at Birmingham City University.

The new advertisements are a result of an expansion in the activities of the school.

The Birmingham School of Media is one of the longest established schools of media in the UK, and has one of the strongest reputations for vocationally-orientated programmes in British higher education. We are a Creative Skillset Media Academy, a status which recognises our high professional standards of our education. You can find out more about our courses at www.bcu.ac.uk/pme/school-of-media/courses. These programmes include a range of exciting undergraduate and postgraduate awards.

The Birmingham Centre for Media & Cultural Research is a vibrant and expanding research centre based in the Birmingham School of Media. With over twenty research-active academics, and a growing community of research degree students, the centre has established a strong reputation for work in radio, music industries, new social media, citizen journalism and media for development. Our current projects include an FCO/SIDA joint funded Developing Citizen Journalists in the Arab region initiative and the Hyperlocal Publishing theme within a AHRC-funded Community, Media and the Creative Citizen delivered jointly with Cardiff University and the University of Birmingham.
Links to details can be found at:

http://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/AFL480/lecturer-in-media-theory/

http://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/AFL474/senior-lecturer-in-journalism/

http://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/AFL488/lecturer-in-radio-production/

http://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/AFL478/lecturer-in-media-production/

If you then press on the Apply button that will take you to the university HR jobs site. The job details an application links are on page 2 and 3.

Tim Wall
Professor of Radio and Popular Music Studies
Deputy Head, Birmingham SChool of Media
Director, Birmingham Centre for Media & Cultural Theory
Birmingham City University
B42 2SU

(tim.wall /at/ bcu.ac.uk)