Archive for June 2012

[ecrea] Screen Studies Conference 2012, University of Glasgow, 29 June - 1 July

Mon Jun 11 10:49:12 GMT 2012

There is one week left to register for the 22nd Screen Studies Conference, which will take place on 29^th June-1^st July at the University of Glasgow. The plenary theme this year is Other Cinemas, a topic which will form a major strand within the Conference, though papers will also cover many other areas within screen studies. Our keynote speakers are Charles Acland (Concordia University), Thomas Elsaesser (University of Amsterdam) and Elizabeth Lebas. There will also be an archives plenary session. If you need any further information before booking your place, please go to _http://www.gla.ac.uk/services/screen/conference2012/_. If you have any queries about registration or payment, please contact our Conference Office on +44 (0)141 330 3123, email (_cvso /at/ glasgow.ac).uk_ <mailto:(cvso /at/ glasgow.ac.uk)> The deadline for registration is *midnight on Sunday 17 June*.* *Delegate rates this year are £176 (full fee) /£105 (student fee). Click the link to register:* *_Screen Studies Conference 2012 Delegate Registration_ <https://www5.shocklogic.com/scripts/jmevent/Registration.asp?Client_Id=%27TUG%27&Project_Id=%27SCREEN1%27&Form_Id=1&Form_Number=2&Stand_Id=0&A=&Language_Code=&role>
Regards,
Heather Middleton - Journal and Conference Assistant
Direct line: +44 (0)141 330 5035
Fax: +44 (0)141 330 3515
Email: (_screen /at/ arts.gla.ac).uk_ <mailto:(screen /at/ arts.gla.ac.uk)>
*CANCELLATION POLICY*
Cancellations notified on or before 10 May 2012 will be subject to a 25% cancellation charge. Cancellations notified on or after 11 May 2012 will be subject to a 50% cancellation charge. No refunds will be issued on or after 28 May 2012. Please note that the cancellation terms and conditions apply in all circumstances and as such we strongly advise all participants to ensure they have sufficient insurance cover. All refunds will be processed after the conference has ended.