[ecrea] Critical Themes in Media Studies--Open Call for Proposals

Thu Dec 08 20:17:53 GMT 2011

For circulation:

The graduate students of the Department of Media Studies and Film at The
New School are pleased to announce a call for papers and projects to the
12th
annual Critical Themes in Media Studies Conference, taking place April
13-14,
2012 in New York City.

For more information about past Critical Themes conferences, visit:
http://criticalthemes.net

///

CALL FOR
PROPOSALS
CRITICAL THEMES IN
MEDIA STUDIES
CONFERENCE
DEADLINE JANUARY 15, 2012

The graduate students of the Department of Media Studies and Film at The
New School are pleased to announce a call for papers and projects to the 12th
annual Critical Themes in Media Studies Conference, taking place April 13-14,
2012 in New York City.
The Media Studies Department at the New School, a pioneer of progressive
education, was designed from its inception to be a home for both theory
and practice-based scholarship. In the spirit of this tradition, we would like
to encourage the submission of traditional scholarly papers as well as multimodal
research projects.
We ask all applicants to be prepared to present their work in a traditional
academic format, but individual panels may encompass projects in a variety
of configurations. We invite you to surprise all those in attendance with your
conclusions, observations, demonstrations, curations, and curiosities found
within today's media landscape.
Presenters are invited to submit project proposals that include but are not
limited to: papers, interactive installations, maps, walking tours, performances,
and so on. We will send notification in advance to all presenters for whom we
are able to accommodate any non-traditional formats and provide technical
services.
Media Studies remains a constantly evolving field ripe with dynamic possibilities
for exploration. As such, Critical Themes in Media Studies is not organized
around a single overarching theme. We welcome work from across a wide
range of topics related to media theory. Panels will be formed around common
areas of interest that emerge from the works received.
For general inquiries or further information, please contact:
(criticalthemes /at/ gmail.com)