[ecrea] Lecturer quantitative media research - The University of Melbourne

Fri Nov 25 06:36:31 GMT 2011

LECTURER - QUANTITATIVE MEDIA RESEARCH
School of Culture&  Communication, Faculty of Arts, The University of Melbourne, Australia
Salary: AUD$81,925 - AUD$97,283 p.a. (pro rata) plus 17% superannuation
Media and Communications at the University of Melbourne was ranked by the Australian Research Council in 2011 as 'world class'. Our courses reflect this international standing.
We train students for careers in the fast-changing professional areas of digital, broadcast, print and mobile communication. We equip students with an in-depth understanding of the changing nature of media industries and professional practices in the contemporary world and of how these industries inform diverse social, cultural and political processes at global to local levels.  Our program seeks to fill a 0.5 FTE Level B position for three years in the area of quantitative media research. An important outcome of the position is that of curriculum development.
In this role you will assist the Media and Communications program in developing subjects in both the undergraduate postgraduate levels. You will be expected to have expertise in the area of quantitative media research, including data collection, statistical analysis and evaluation procedures.  A background in social sciences is highly desirable.
Employment Type: Part-time 0.5FTE (fixed-term) position available for three years Jan 2012 to Dec 2014
Enquiries only to: A/Prof Ingrid Volkmer, Head, Media&  Communications Program  Tel +61 3 8344 3500 Email (ivolkmer /at/ unimelb.edu.au)
Close date: 18 December 2011

For position information and to apply online go to www.hr.unimelb.edu.au/careers, click on 'Job Search' and search under the job title or job number 0027852.

Thank you for all of your assistance.