[ecrea] Communication Faculty Positions at Kadir Has University, Istanbul

Mon Oct 31 12:44:09 GMT 2011

*COMMUNICATION FACULTY POSITIONS *

*AT KADİR HAS UNIVERSITY, ISTANBUL*

Kadir Has University is looking for full-time or visiting faculty members at all ranks to its Faculty of Communication.

Faculty of Communication at Kadir Has University, Istanbul, Turkey, currently has five departments: Public Relations, Advertising, Radio/TV/Cinema, Communication Design and New Media. We invite applications from qualified candidates starting at the 2011-2012 Academic Year. Candidates are expected to teach in these areas (including but not limited to):

- Public Relations (event management, political communication, crisis communication)

- Advertising (advertising strategy, advertising research, advertising management)

- New Media (game design, interaction design, mobile media studies, web design)

- Communication Design (multimedia design, motion graphics, interface design)

- Radio/Television/Cinema (film/video production and post-production)

- Media / Communication Studies

As the Faculty of Communication, we seek to build a diverse and interdisciplinary academic environment and strengthen our research and teaching portfolio. Since our foundation in 2003 we are rapidly growing. The successful candidates will be expected to take leadership in curriculum development (undergraduate and the current MA programs and prospective PhD programs) and the institutionalization of the Faculty. In addition to research and teaching, responsibilities include advising students, serving on departmental and university committees, and assuming other responsibilities normally associated with university teaching position. Candidates are expected to have their Ph.D. ready at hand at the time of employment.

Kadir Has University, founded in 1997, is located at the shore of Istanbul's Golden Horn, and in the close proximity of the City's historical and cultural centers. The medium of instruction is English.

Applicants should send a cover letter, a statement of research and teaching interests, as well as a list of possible courses to be taught, full curriculum vitae including the names and contact information of three referees, and a portfolio, if applicable.

*Contact Info:*

Elif Kahraman

E-mail: (elif.kahraman /at/ khas.edu.tr) <mailto:(elif.kahraman /at/ khas.edu.tr)>

Faculty of Communication

Kadir Has University

Cibali Campus

Fatih 34083

Istanbul, Turkey

Phone: +90 212 533 6532 x 1527

Fax: +90 212 532 0645

University website:* *http://www.khas.edu.tr/eng/index.htm <http://www.khas.edu.tr/>

*Doç. Dr. / Assoc. Prof. Banu Baybars Hawks*

*İletişim Fakültesi / Communication Faculty*

*Dekan Yardımcısı / Vice Dean*

*Halkla İlişkiler ve Tanıtım Bölüm Başkanı /*

*Chair of Public Relations Department*

* *

*Tel: 0(212) 533 65 32 (1503)*

*Fax: 0(212) 532 06 45*