[ecrea] Assistant Professor Positions at Karlstad University

Tue Oct 04 12:21:34 GMT 2011

*Karlstad University announces:*
*1-2 Senior Lecturer / Assistant Professor positions in Media and Communication Studies, dossier number **REK 2011/86* The Department of Media and Communication Studies at Karlstad University is part of the Faculty of Economic Sciences, Communication and IT. Media and Communication Studies at Karlstad University is an attractive education and research environment. Interdisciplinary contacts and global perspectives are a given in our work. The Department conducts research and doctoral studies at the highest international standards within three profiles: (1)/Communication, Citizenship and Social Change,/ (2) /Digital Media and Cultural Circulation /and (3) /Global Media Studies./ The Department is in a period of development, for which we seek additional Senior Lecturers. More information about the University is available at www.kau.se <http://www.kau.se/>, and more information about the Department at http://www.kau.se/media .
*Tasks:*
Our department is in an expanding phase and we seek Senior Lecturers who can contribute towards the development of both our research profiles and our highly popular degree programs. We seek Senior Lecturers who are interested in teaching, leading research projects, and assuming a central role in both the strategic development of research and doctoral studies. The position includes both teaching and research.
*Qualifications:*
You are considered to be qualified for employment as a senior university lecturer if you have completed a Ph.D. in Media and Communication Studies (or related area), completed a course in pedagogy in higher education, or by other means acquired equivalent competence and proven pedagogic ability. Applicants without a completed course in pedagogy may be employed on a temporary basis, which can lead to a permanent contract upon completion of the course.
*Evaluation criteria:*
/Of highly significant weight /is experience of teaching and research within the discipline of Media and Communication Studies. Identical weight is placed on scholarly/research competence and proven pedagogic ability. /Of//significant weight /is experience of developing and leading research projects or other activities, experiences of strategic development, successful publishing within one or more of our research profiles, significant scholarly publications and international experience, and experience of teaching in English. /Of weight /are personal qualities such as the ability to collaborate, administrative skills, the ability to take initiative, and the capacity to cooperate externally in wider society. We strive for an even gender balance among employees, and female applicants are especially welcome.
*Other:*
The position is a permanent full-time position with a starting date based upon agreement. Employment may be on a temporary trial basis. If the employee is not Swedish speaking, they must be able to teach and tutor in Swedish within two years. Applicants who wish to be evaluated for employment as Professor should state this clearly in their application.
*Application:*
Applications are to be submitted through our recruitment system NetRecruiter before the final application date of 1 November. The application should include documented merits and an outline of your teaching philosophy. At least two referees should be given. More information on how to apply may be found on our website page Staff Vacancies <http://www.kau.se/en/about-university/staff-vacancies>. Karlstad University’s policies and procedures for the employment and promotion of teaching staff may also be found on the website. Those documents which cannot be submitted electronically should be sent in three copies to:
Karlstads universitet
Personalavdelningen
651 88 KARLSTAD
Give the reference number REK 2011/86
The application should consist of:

   * a full academic CV, with the names of referees
   * a full description of teaching and research (or artistic)
     activities and skills
   * a certificate of university pedagogy/teaching education (or
     evidence of equivalent knowledge)
   * a full description of other relevant experience (e.g. management,
     cooperation and administration)
   * an outline of future teaching and research plans
   * a list of publications
   * certified copies of university grades/marks, certificates and diplomas
   * a maximum of ten most relevant research publications, and a
     maximum of five complimentary publications/works indicating other
     skills and knowledge (e.g. textbooks, computer programs or popular
     articles).

*Further information:*
Head of Department Solveig Nilsson Lindberg and Professor André Jansson.
Union representatives are Thomas Wennstam (SACO), and Barbro Berglund (OFR). They may be reached by telephone, 054-700 10 00 (reception).
Miyase Christensen
Professor
Dept. of Media & Communication Studies
Karlstad University
Dept. of Philosophy and History of Technology
Royal Institute of Technology (KTH)
SWEDEN
(miyase.christensen /at/ kau.se)