[ecrea] Doctoral assistantships at the University of Waikato

Wed Jun 15 08:21:28 GMT 2011

Doctoral assistantships at the University of Waikato

The Department of Management Communication at the University of Waikato,
Hamilton, New Zealand, is seeking two Doctoral Assistants to provide
teaching assistance, tutoring, marking, and other teaching support.  These
positions serve to support outstanding students as they pursue their PhD an=
to support the department in continuing its record of teaching and research
excellence. Doctoral Assistants dedicate 20 hours of the week to supporting
the department=E2=80=99s teaching and/or research goals, and the rest of th=
e time to
their own doctoral studies.

Salary will be NZ$49,793 per year, pro rata.  Doctoral Assistants will also
receive a tuition waiver.  Applicants must first apply to enrol in the PhD
programme at the University of Waikato. Applications to the Ph.D. programme
can be made at any time of the academic year. The positions are fixed term
for four years at 20 hours a week and will remain open until filled.
Excellent applicants who do not receive a doctoral assistantship will also
be considered for a tuition waiver.

The essential attributes for this position are to be enrolled as a PhD
student in the Department of Management Communication prior to commencing
employment. Candidates must demonstrate excellent aptitude for PhD study an=
the competencies required to provide teaching and research support.

Further information about the department, including the PhD program can be
obtained from: http://mngt.waikato.ac.nz/mcom. The University=E2=80=99s Ph.=
D.
student handbook is available at:

http://www.waikato.ac.nz/sasd/files/pdf/postgraduate/higherdegreeshandbook.=
pdf.

Enquiries about the doctoral assistantships as well as the Ph.D. applicatio=
process should be directed to Associate Professor Shiv Ganesh, email:
(sganesh /at/ waikato.ac.nz) (preferred), or telephone 07 838 4466 ext 8529.

* *

*Vacancy number: 310125. *

*Ko te Tangata =E2=80=93 For the People*

At the University of Waikato we define ourselves by our academic and
research excellence and the strength of our international connections. Our
distinctiveness is driven by our focus on sustainability, our commitment to
M=C4=81ori learning and research, and our role as leaders and innovators. O=
ur
motto, Ko te Tangata, underlines our acknowledgement of the Treaty of
Waitangi, equal opportunity for all, the importance of collegiality, and th=
individuals who are our staff, students and stakeholders.

[image: eeg_04_small.jpg]*E herea ana te Whare W=C4=81nanga ki te kaupapa k=
ia  *

*whakaratohia te mea angit=C5=AB =C5=8Drite ki ng=C4=81 t=C4=81ngata katoa*