[ecrea] Fwd: ESRC PhD studentship in moving image theory

Tue Apr 05 09:51:04 GMT 2011

I am advertising an ESRC studentship for a PhD to develop further a social semiotic/multimodal theory of the moving image, possibly in the context of young people’s moving image production work, either within the formal education system or outside it. The studentship is part of an ESRC NCRM node on Multimodal Methods for researching digital data and digital environments, directed by Professor Carey Jewitt. The student would be based in my department, the London Knowledge Lab, a department of the Institute of Education, University of London.

There are more details at http://tinyurl.com/66todqk - deadline for applications is 16^th May. I’m very happy to have informal discussions with people interested in applying. Please pass on to anyone you think might be suitable.

Andrew Burn

Professor Andrew Burn

Centre for the Study of Children, Youth & Media

London Knowledge Lab
Institute of Education
University of London
23-29 Emerald Street
London WC1H 3QS

   * Tel: 020 7763 2188
   * Fax: 020 7763 2138
   * Email: (A.Burn /at/ ioe.ac.uk) <mailto:(A.Burn /at/ ioe.ac.uk)>