[ecrea] New book: David Gauntlett - 'Making is Connecting: The Social Meaning of Creativity, from DIY and Knitting to YouTube and Web 2.0'.

Mon Mar 28 08:38:49 GMT 2011

I hope list members won?t mind me announcing my new book, just published by Polity Press.

It's called 'Making is Connecting: The Social Meaning of Creativity, from DIY and Knitting to YouTube and Web 2.0'.

Clay Shirky has said it is "A terrific account of how creativity, craft, and community intersect in the 21st century".

More information is at http://www.makingisconnecting.org <http://www.makingisconnecting.org/>

and it?s available at Amazon UK for £12.56: http://amzn.to/a5kULN

And if you're anywhere near London, on Saturday April 9 we have a free LAUNCH EVENT featuring delicious cakes, tea, and crafty making-and-connecting activities for all the family! In a lovely new creative workshop space next to Whitechapel Art Gallery. All FREE and very informal. Everyone welcome.

Info at http://www.makingisconnecting.org/launch.htm

Best wishes,

David

David Gauntlett - http://www.theory.org.uk/david
Professor of Media and Communications,
School of Media, Arts and Design,
University of Westminster
(d.gauntlett /at/ westminster.ac.uk) <mailto:(d.gauntlett /at/ westminster.ac.uk)>