[ecrea] Conference "Mediatized Worlds: Culture and Society in a Media Age"

Thu Feb 24 18:28:44 GMT 2011

CONFERENCE "MEDIATIZED WORLDS: CULTURE AND SOCIETY IN A MEDIA AGE"

Thursday, 14th April 2011 - Friday, 15th April 2011,
University of Bremen, Haus der Wissenschaft, Germany

Internet: http://www.mediatisiertewelten.de/en/conferences/mediatized-worlds/program/

In the present age, people's lives and experiences take place in 'mediatized worlds': Our work is increasingly work on and with computers, what we know about politics is mediated and, hence, staged by technical media, we spend our spare time watching television and playing computer games, but also these days education and religion cannot be thought of beyond technical media.

The aim of the international conference is to discuss this ongoing mediatization of present social and cultural fields. Papers - both theoretically oriented and/or empirically grounded - are invited on the theme of mediatization.

Keynote speakers:

        ? Nick Couldry, Goldsmiths College University of London, UK
        ? Stig Hjarvard, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
        ? Hubert Knoblauch, TU Berlin, Germany
        ? Lynn Spigel, Northwestern University, USA
        ? John B. Thompson, University of Cambridge, UK (invited)

Registration: http://www.mediatisiertewelten.de/en/conferences/mediatized-worlds/registration/

--
Prof. Dr. Andreas Hepp
University of Bremen - FB 9