[ecrea] CFP Celebrity Forum Section, Celebrity Studies Journal

Tue Feb 08 13:34:45 GMT 2011

CFP Celebrity Forum Section, Celebrity Studies Journal

This is a general call for papers for Celebrity Forum. Weâ??re looking for timely, provocative and open-ended short pieces on current topics in celebrity studies.

Recent or forthcoming events and issues in the world of celebrity that we would welcome submissions on include, but are not limited to:

- The Royal Wedding: Prince William and Kate Middleton

- The Ashes: Reflections on the celebrity of players, ex-players or the place of celebrity in post-colonial rivalries

- Celebrity & Austerity: adapting conspicuous consumption for the downturn

- Spies like us: Celebrity and the Russian spy scandal

- The Oprah Winfrey Network: Launching a networked celebrity brand

- Celebrity families/mothers: the Beckhams, Orlando Bloom and Miranda Kerr, Nicole Kidman, Jamie Oliver etc.

Celebrity Forum is a section of Celebrity Studies Journal that provides a space for timely responses to contemporary and historical issues in celebrity culture. We encourage submissions in two forms: 1,000-1,500 words (including notes) â??think piecesâ??, including case studies, which should be provocative and open-ended, encouraging exchange and debate. Alternatively, we invite 500-1,000 word (including notes) submissions of comments and views on previous articles published within either the main section of the journal or Celebrity Forum. Above all, Celebrity Forum is designed to be dialogical and primarily engaged with cutting edge developments in celebrity and its study.

Send abstracts or expressions of interest to:
Dr James Bennett
(j.bennett /at/ londonmet.ac.uk)