Archive for May 2011

[ecrea] Journal of Media Practice Symposium - Postdigital Encounters registration

Wed May 11 13:47:08 GMT 2011

Journal of Media Practice Symposium 'Postdigital Encounters: Creativity and Improvisation' (24 June 2011), Bristol

Registration deadline extended: 3 June 2011

The UWE Online store had some problems last Friday so we've extended the booking deadline.  Apologies to anyone who tried to book over the weekend.

Held at the Watershed Media Centre, in the heart of Bristol’s vibrant and historic harbourside, this one-day symposium explores how digital technologies have redefined creativity and media practice within the academy both in terms of teaching and research, with a dynamic programme of presentations ranging from multiscreen film practice and locative media projects to discussions of creativity and pedagogy in the postdigital age.

The draft programme is now online, plus information about the venue, how to get here and accommodation.  Please go to http://postdigi.wordpress.com for further information.

Or go straight to the online booking link: https://store.uwe.ac.uk/browse/product.asp?catid=903&modid=1&compid=1
The delegate fee is £60 including lunch and refreshments, with a limited number of half-price concessions for postgraduates and those not affiliated with an institution (freelancers, hourly paid lecturers, etc) which have been very kindly sponsored by the MeCCSA Practice Network.  Please book as soon as possible to avoid disappointment!

If you have (or have had) any problems booking please do not hesitate to contact me (charlotte.crofts /at/ uwe.ac.uk) to let me know and I will endeavour to sort things out as soon as possible.

Many thanks,

Charlotte