[ecrea] Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Film and Visual Culture

Fri Aug 20 22:03:10 GMT 2010

>Should any potential candidates for our new post
>have missed this notice during the summer break
>we would like to encourage you to make a timely
>application as the closing date is approaching:
>
>Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Film and Visual Culture
>University of Aberdeen
>
>Reference: 1151625
>
>Closing Date: 27 August 2010
>Salary : £32,715 to £52,347 per annum depending upon skills and experience.
>
>The School of Language & Literature is seeking
>to appoint a Senior Lecturer /Lecturer in Film &
>Visual Culture.  Applicants should hold a PhD in
>Film Studies or a closely related discipline,
>and should have experience in teaching and
>administration.  Applicants should have a
>research record commensurate with the current
>stage of their career trajectory.  Firm plans
>for a high-scoring submission to the forthcoming
>Research Excellence Framework are essential.
>
>Applications are invited from candidates with
>expertise in any area of Film and Visual
>Culture, but research interests in World Cinema,
>New Media and Digital Humanities or Photography
>will be especially welcome. The successful
>candidate will be able to contribute to the
>programmes core courses, which introduce
>undergraduates to the historical, aesthetic and
>philosophical contexts of film and visual culture.
>
>Details of the Department of Film and Visual
>Culture at: <http://www.abdn.ac.uk/film/>http://www.abdn.ac.uk/film/
>
>Informal enquiries can be made to Professor
>Patrick Crotty, Head of School  tel: 01224
>272562 or <(p.j.crotty /at/ abdn.ac.htm)>(p.j.crotty /at/ abdn.ac.uk)
>
>Should you require a visa to undertake paid
>employment in the UK you will be required to
>fulfil the minimum points criteria to be granted
>a Certificate of Sponsorship and Tier 2
>visa.  As appropriate, at the time an offer of
>appointment is made you will be asked to
>demonstrate that you fulfil the criteria in
>respect of financial maintenance and competency
>in English. Please do not hesitate to contact
>Mrs Louise Alford (HR Adviser) for further information on this.
>
>The University of Aberdeen is the 5th oldest
>university in the English-speaking world and
>features a handsome campus and excellent
>facilities.  The Film & Visual Culture programme
>at Aberdeen is unique in seeking to enable
>students to explore the ways cinema can be
>understood within the comparative perspectives
>of Visual Culture. This interdisciplinary
>approach is, however, underpinned in the first
>two years of the undergraduate programme by a
>rigorous introduction to the language and
>history of cinema in its aesthetic, sociological
>and philosophical dimensions. At Honours Level,
>students have the opportunity to take production
>courses alongside other modules which analyse
>film in wider contexts. The related Masters
>programme in Visual Culture offers a platform
>for postgraduates to explore theoretical and
>creative collaborations between subjects such as
> [...]

New Book:
Trans-Reality Television
The Transgression of Reality, Genre, Politics, and Audience.
Lexington. (Sofie Van Bauwel & Nico Carpentier eds.)
http://www.lexingtonbooks.com/Catalog/SingleBook.shtml?command=Search&db=^DB/CATALOG.db&eqSKUdata=0739131885