[ecrea] CFP Central European Journal of Communication

Fri Aug 20 22:02:13 GMT 2010

>CENTRAL EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF COMMUNICATION
>

>"POLITICAL COMMUNICATION IN THE ERA OF NEW TECHNOLOGIES"
>

>Vol 4, No 1 (7), Fall 2011
>

>CALL FOR PAPERS
>

>New technologies and new media platforms and services provide new
>ways of communication between citizens and public authorities. The
>development of Internet, non-linear servcies, mobile TV, search
>engines, citizens blogs and social networks change the perspective
>for the analysis of election campaigns in both mature and young democracies.
>
>In the special issue of "Central European Journal of Communication"
>(Fall 2011) we seek to analyse the impact of new technologies to
>political comunication and election campaigns with special interests
>in the usage of new media services, development of political
>advertising and election coverage around the world.
>
>Manuscript submission
>
>We ask scholars and researchers interested in this particular topic
>to submit an abstract of maximum 500 words before 15 October, 2010.
>Ten papers for the publication will be selected before 31 October,
>2010. Full-length papers (max. 40 000 characters, notes and
>reference list inclusive) should be submitted by 31 January 2011
>electronically according to the Style and Manuscript Guidelines laid
>out on the official website of the CEJC:
><http://www.cejc.ptks.pl/index1.php?id=mg>http://www.cejc.ptks.pl/index1.php?id=mg.
>

>Contact
>
>CENTRAL EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF COMMUNICATION
>50-149 Wroclaw, ul. Koszarowa 3
>Poland
>tel. +48 (0) 71 375 50 69
>tel. +48 (0) 669 614 033
><mailto:(journal /at/ ptks.pl)>(journal /at/ ptks.pl)
>www.cejc.ptks.pl
>All correspondence and submission should be addressed to
><mailto:(journal /at/ ptks.pl)>(journal /at/ ptks.pl).
>

>[]
>

>Central European Journal of Communication is published twice a year
>(in Spring and Fall) on behalf of the Polish Communication
>Association. The Journal welcomes contributions examining the role
>of communication from all theoretical, empirical and critical
>perspectives and using all forms of inquiry, as well as shorter
>research notes and commentaries, together with scholarly reviews of
>books and other scientific publications.

New Book:
Trans-Reality Television
The Transgression of Reality, Genre, Politics, and Audience.
Lexington. (Sofie Van Bauwel & Nico Carpentier eds.)
http://www.lexingtonbooks.com/Catalog/SingleBook.shtml?command=Search&db=^DB/CATALOG.db&eqSKUdata=0739131885