[ecrea] Call for Submissions: Current Musicology

Tue Aug 10 20:39:44 GMT 2010

>Call for Submissions: Current Musicology
>
>The Editors of Current Musicology are actively seeking submissions for
>upcoming issues of the journal.
>
>In keeping with the journal?s long tradition of interdisciplinary
>publication, Current Musicology seeks to publish music scholarship
>from all perspectives, using the full spectrum of methodologies, such
>as historical musicology, music theory, ethnomusicology, popular music
>studies, media and technology studies, cultural studies, music
>education, and related fields. Additionally, submissions that
>critically apply interdisciplinary approaches, as well as scholarship
>in which sound is central to the topic, are also strongly encouraged.
>While the journal encourages submissions from senior and advanced
>scholars, we are especially committed to supporting and publishing the
>work of graduate students and other scholars early in their careers.
>
>Current Musicology is a peer-reviewed, bi-annual publication with
>international circulation published by the trustees of Columbia
>University. The journal was founded in 1965 by graduate students at
>Columbia University to serve the needs of musicologists who are about
>to undertake, are presently engaged in, or have recently completed
>their graduate studies. It is a leading forum for research in all
>areas of music scholarship, seeking to reflect the breadth and
>diversity of approaches and topics that characterize contemporary
>music research.
>
>For submission guidelines see our
>website:http://www.music.columbia.edu/~curmus/
>Please write to the editors at current-musicology at columbia dot edu
>((current-musicology /at/ columbia.edu)) to submit manuscripts or to ask
>specific questions.

New Book:
Trans-Reality Television
The Transgression of Reality, Genre, Politics, and Audience.
Lexington. (Sofie Van Bauwel & Nico Carpentier eds.)
http://www.lexingtonbooks.com/Catalog/SingleBook.shtml?command=Search&db=^DB/CATALOG.db&eqSKUdata=0739131885