[ecrea] Empedocles: European Journal for the Philosophy of Communication.

Tue Aug 10 20:25:23 GMT 2010

>Intellect is delighted to announce the
>publication of the second issue of Volume 1 of
>Empedocles: European Journal for the Philosophy of Communication.
>

>Empedocles aims to provide a publication and
>discussion platform for those working at the
>interface of philosophy and the study of
>communication, in all its aspects. This Journal
>is published in cooperation with the Section for
>the Philosophy of Communication of
>ECREA,
><http://www.philosophy-of-communication.eu/> the
>European Communication Research and Education Association.
>

>This special issue explores the idea of paradox
>and indirect communication. The articles examine
>the ways in which some of the most productive,
>creative and enduring forms of communication are
>articulated through paradoxes, and how those
>ideas which are most difficult to communicate,
>such as philosophical and religious beliefs, are
>often expressed through paradox. The articles
>explore paradoxes within different forms of
>communication, from serious and comic
>performance to music, religious parable,
>political economy and the art of logos and icons.
>

>Contents
>Introduction: Paradox and communication
>Authors:  Peter Murphy
>Page Start: 153
>

>Playing God: A paradoxical dramaturgy
>Authors:  Peter Snow
>Page Start: 161
>

>Between logos and icons: Notes towards a transfigurative culture
>Authors:  Dimitris Vardoulakis
>Page Start: 175
>

>And who shaves God? Nature and role of paradoxes
>in science and religion communications: A case of foolish virgins
>Authors:  Markus Ekkehard Locker
>Page Start: 187
>

>The paradox of culture
>Authors:  Dominique Bouchet
>Page Start: 203
>

>Rythmus and the critique of political economy
>Authors:  Thomas H Ford
>Page Start: 215
>

>I am not what I am: Paradox and indirect
>communication the case of the comic god and the dramaturgical self
>Authors:  Peter Murphy
>Page Start: 225
>

>Paradoxes of communication: The case of modern classical music
>Authors:  Eduardo De La Fuente
>Page Start: 237
>

>Empedocles is published by Intellect
>

>Principal Editor:
>Johan Siebers, University of Central Lancashire
><(johan.siebers /at/ sas.ac.htm)>(johan.siebers /at/ sas.ac.uk)
>

>Associate Editors:
>Tino Meitz, University of Tübingen; Bart
>Vandenabeele. University of Ghent; Vivienne
>Boon, University of Surrey; Vincenzo Romania, University of Padua
>
>ISSN: 1757-1952 | Online ISSN: 1757 1960 | 2010, Volume 2,  2 issues per year
>
>Institutional subscription: £180/ $290 | Online
>subscription: £147/ $220 | Individual subscription: £33/ $65
>

>For further information, please click on the
>link below or contact Nicola Reisner on
> [...]

New Book:
Trans-Reality Television
The Transgression of Reality, Genre, Politics, and Audience.
Lexington. (Sofie Van Bauwel & Nico Carpentier eds.)
http://www.lexingtonbooks.com/Catalog/SingleBook.shtml?command=Search&db=^DB/CATALOG.db&eqSKUdata=0739131885