Archive for August 2010

[ecrea] CONSERVING, DOCUMENTING, ARCHIVING meetings of electronic & digital art conservation

Tue Aug 03 08:40:23 GMT 2010

>We are glad to announce you the event
>CONSERVAR, DOCUMENTAR, ARCHIVAR - Encuentros de
>conservación de arte electrónico y digital
>(CONSERVING, DOCUMENTING, ARCHIVING  meetings of
>electronic & digital art conservation) which
>will jointly take place in the Cultural Centre
>of Spain at Buenos Aires (CCEBA), in the Space
>of Telefónica Foundation and in the
>Latin-American art Museum of Buenos Aires
>(Malba), during the 1, 2, 3 and 6 of September.
>
>In this years meeting we are proposing topics
>similar with those covered during the first
>seminar organized by Taxonomedia (i.e.,
>Conserving electronic art: what to preserve and
>how to preserve it?). This time, we will revisit
>those thematic areas that were proved to have
>major importance in the context of the first
>event: digitalization, documentation, storage of
>art-works/art-pieces, and information access.
>Thus, considering the general question that
>motivates the work carried out from Taxonomedia
> the meaning and the required strategies of
>electronic and digital art conservation , we
>have selected to allocate more space to those
>processes related to forming and maintaining files and media-libraries.
>
>This meeting will bring together renowned
>national or international experts, including
>among others  Timothy Murray (Rose Goldsen
>Archive, Cornell University, NY), Gabriela
>Previdello (Archive FILE- electronic language
>internacional festival, San Pablo), Lluis Roque
>(Museo de Arte Contemporáneo de Barcelona),
>Ricardo Dal Farra ( CeiArte, Untref Buenos Aires
> Concordia Univerisity, Montreal), Glòria
>Munilla (Universitat Oberta de
>Catalunya),Verónica Vitullo (Mediateca FADU,
>UBA), Proyecto Ludión y Diego Alberti. The scope
>of the meetings activities is to share
>experiences and doubts, stimulate the dialogue
>between the speakers and the audience, assess
>the study of our conservation heritage through
>participation, interchange and/or create networks.
>We would like to invite you to check the full
>program of the meeting in
><http://taxonomedia.net/encuentro2010/>http://taxonomedia.net/encuentro2010/
>. Please do not hesitate to contact us for any
>query or suggestion regarding the event or the program.
>
>We are looking forward to seeing you.
>Best regards,
>Vanina Hofman y Consuelo Rozo
>
>Taxonomedia- Asociación para la conservación digital
><http://taxonomedia.net>http://taxonomedia.net
><mailto:(info /at/ taxonomedia.net)>(info /at/ taxonomedia.net)

New Book:
Trans-Reality Television
The Transgression of Reality, Genre, Politics, and Audience.
Lexington. (Sofie Van Bauwel & Nico Carpentier eds.)
http://www.lexingtonbooks.com/Catalog/SingleBook.shtml?command=Search&db=^DB/CATALOG.db&eqSKUdata=0739131885