Archive for August 2010

[ecrea] Second Call for Papers, Presentations and Works: CINESONIKA 2010

Tue Aug 03 08:38:57 GMT 2010

>Second Call for Papers, Presentations and Works: CINESONIKA 2010
>
>Venue: Simon Fraser University, Vancouver, British Columbia
>
>Keynote Speaker: Don Ihde
>
>CINESONIKA: The First International Film and Video Festival of Sound
>Design is extending its deadline for the conference component to Sept 6th.
>
>We are seeking interdisciplinary contributions on sound in relation
>to the moving image. Media thinkers, film scholars, art historians,
>performance theorists, composers, filmmakers, sound practitioners,
>multimedia semioticians, philosophers of perception - we invite
>these and others to submit proposals for 20 minute panel
>presentations. All accepted submissions will be considered for
>inclusion in a special issue of The Soundtrack journal (Intellect
>books), 1000-3000 words for short articles, 5000-6000 for long papers.
>
>Submitting to the Conference:
>
>Please write "Cinesonika - Paper Submission" in the subject heading.
>
>EXTENDED Deadline for Abstracts (under 500 words): Sept 6th, 2010.
>
>Please submit your abstract and short bio both as an attachment
>(.doc or .pdf) and also pasted into the body of your email
>submission, to (info /at/ cinesonika.com)
>
>For information on submitting audiovisual work to the festival, please visit:
>
>http://www.cinesonika.com/pg.php?s=submit
>
>Important Dates:
>
>Festival Dates: Nov. 12th-21st, 2010.
>Conference Dates: Nov. 12th-14th, 2010.
>
>Conference Organizers:
>
>Michael Filimowicz (School of Interactive Arts and Technology, Simon
>Fraser University)
>Dr. Lisa Coulthard (University of British Columbia)
>Dr. Diane Gromala (Canada Research Chair, Simon Fraser University)

New Book:
Trans-Reality Television
The Transgression of Reality, Genre, Politics, and Audience.
Lexington. (Sofie Van Bauwel & Nico Carpentier eds.)
http://www.lexingtonbooks.com/Catalog/SingleBook.shtml?command=Search&db=^DB/CATALOG.db&eqSKUdata=0739131885