Archive for April 2010

[ecrea] The Weight of Photography

Fri Apr 23 09:41:53 GMT 2010

The Weight of Photography

Photography History Theory and Criticism

Academic & Scientific Publishers presents The Weight of Photography,an essential collection of contemporary thought, exploring the suggestive but problematic relation between our experience of photography, video and film and our perception of the visual world.

€ 39.95 | $ 42.00
766 pages
ISBN 978 90 5487 704 2

ORDER

THE WEIGHT OF PHOTOGRAPHY

Photography History Theory and Criticism

Introductory Readings

Johan Swinnen & Luc Deneulin (eds.)

In The Weight of Photography eminent scholars explore the nature of photographic representation. Philosophy and theory of photography leads them to pose the classic questions: what are photography’s characteristics? How can one interpret it? What is its value? How does it function and within which system? How is meaning produced? And the most fundamental question of all: what is photography?

The Weight of Photography explores the suggestive but problematic relation between our experience of photography, video and film – time-based mediums par excellence – and our perception of the visual world.

An essential collection of contemporary thought, The Weight of Photography provides a strong introduction to newcomers and a point of reference to those already engaged in discussions about photography, art, history, education, culture and criticism.

With contributions from (among others) Terry Barrett, Geoffrey Batchen, Jean Baudrillard, Michel Onfray and Xavier Canonne.

[]   See the table of contents

[]  Click here to order

Ravensteingalerij 28 B-1000 Brussels | www.aspeditions.be
(news /at/ aspeditions.be)| T +32(0)2 289 26 50 | F +32(0)2 289 26 59