Archive for January 2010

[ecrea] University of Birmingham (UK) Graduate Centre for Europe, Interdisciplinary Postgraduate Conference - Call for Papers

Sun Jan 10 20:40:48 GMT 2010

Graduate Centre for Europe

<http://www.gcfe.bham.ac.uk/>www.gcfe.bham.ac.uk

CALL FOR PAPERS

Annual Interdisciplinary Postgraduate Conference

25 - 27 March 2010

Europe: Inside Out

History, Politics, Cultures, Languages, Media, Society, Music, Business, Philosophy, Theology, Geography, Environment and Law

Whether viewed from within or without ? or both ? perspectives on Europe are varied and diverse. Furthermore, the many, changing faces of Europe have been, and continue to be shaped by internal and external impulses, which remain a constant point of discussion for researchers of Europe and its surroundings.

The conference will encourage postgraduate researchers to turn their own understandings of Europe inside out. It will examine the role of internal and external actors and factors ? and the interplay between these forces ? in the historical, current and future development of Europe?s structures, practices, meanings and identities.

This conference will bring together postgraduate researchers from a variety of disciplines with the specific aim of learning from other academic approaches and sharing their own. We will encourage an open-minded exchange of ideas about topics we often consider to be embedded in our own research contexts.

Attendance and the conference dinner are FREE of charge

A full Call for Papers can be found at <http://www.gcfe.bham.ac.uk/conferences>www.gcfe.bham.ac.uk/conferences

The deadline for submission of abstracts extended to

29th January 2010.

Enquiries to: <mailto:(gcfe.bham /at/ googlemail.com)>(gcfe.bham /at/ googlemail.com)