Archive for November 2009

[ecrea] Free Media and the Inner World Event 12th Dec 2009

Thu Nov 26 21:27:15 GMT 2009

Media and the Inner World

An AHRC funded Research Network

Dear Colleagues,

There is still time to reserve your place at our next round table event entitled Taste, Hunger and the Media which will be followed by the MiW festive party. The date for your diary is Saturday 12th December 2009 (further details below and on our website). We have a wikisite for developing ideas on this theme and others at: http://www.miwnet.org<http://www.miwnet.org/>

NUMBERS FOR THIS EVENT ARE LIMITED. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO REGISTER, PLEASE DO SO AS SOON AS POSSIBLE BY sending an email to (miwevents /at/ googlemail.com)<mailto:(miwevents /at/ googlemail.com)> . Please note that we anticipate that this event will be over-subscribed.

Media and the Inner World: Taste, Hunger and the Media

Saturday 12th December 2009, 6-8pm

MiW Festive Party: 8pm-midnight (Bar and Food Available)

The Apollo Lounge,Upstairs at The Crown Tavern

43 Clerkenwell Green
London EC1R 0EG

Round table discussion with:

*          Prof Mica Nava (University of East London)

*          David Lancaster (Food Journalist)

*          Mary-Jayne Rust (Jungian Psychotherapist)

*          Jason Wright (Chair) (Psychoanalytic Psychotherapist)

For directions and travel options please click here: http://thecrowntavernec1.co.uk/

MiW brings together academics, psychoanalysts, psychotherapists and media figures for a series of discussions about the role of emotion and ideas of therapy in popular culture in the UK. We hope you can join us.

Warmest Regards,
MiW Directors

Dr Caroline Bainbridge
http://www.roehampton.ac.uk/staff/CarolineBainbridge/

Dr Candida Yates
http://www.uel.ac.uk/ssmcs/staff/yates-candida.htm

Dr Caroline Bainbridge
Reader in Visual Culture
Research Student Coordinator
Programme Convener MA Media &Cultural Studies
Director, Media and the Inner World AHRC Research Network
www.miwnet.org<http://www.miwnet.org>

School of Arts
Roehampton University
Roehampton Lane