Archive for March 2007

[ecrea] APSA Information Technology & Politics Section Section

Thu Mar 29 19:25:26 GMT 2007

>The APSA Information Technology & Politics Section has had a long
>history within political science of providing some of the leaders in the
>field of teaching with technology.  Indeed, I think back to my early
>days teaching, when the then-Computers and Multimedia Section provided a
>multitude of great panels on teaching with technology at APSA meetings.
>In the spirit of those many interesting panels, I am writing to you in
>my capacity as Associate Editor for Teaching Innovation to encourage you
>to consider submitting an article to the Journal of Information
>Technology & Politics on any subject related to teaching with technology.
>
>The Journal of Information Technology and Politics publishes articles
>that have a specific focus on teaching innovation. "Teaching Innovation"
>articles illustrate the use of information technology to improve
>teaching and learning about politics. We encourage scholarly submissions
>that focus on new ways of using the Internet to teach course content in
>political science and related fields. JITP has a particular interest in
>the development and systematic assessment of new tools (ex., interactive
>simulations or role playing games). We also encourage submissions on
>different pedagogical approaches to online distance education. Short
>papers can be descriptive, explaining how a tool works, and its
>potential uses to supplement classroom learning, but whenever possible,
>submissions should have an evaluative component, even if the innovation
>was not used in a quasi-experiment. Articles can also explore the
>philosophy of using technology to enhance teaching. If you have an idea
>for a paper that you believe would be appropriate for Teaching
>Innovation, do not hesitate to contact me.
>
>Michael Gizzi
>Professor of Criminal Justice and Political Science
>Mesa State College
>Grand Junction, CO 81501
>

>----------------------------
>
>Dr. Maura Conway
>Lecturer
>School of Law & Government
>Dublin City University
>Glasnevin
>Dublin 9
>Ireland
>
>Tel. +353 1 700 6472
>E-Mail. (maura.conway /at/ dcu.ie)

Vrijheidslaan 17 - B-1081 Brussel - Belgium
T: ++ 32 (0)2-412.42.78
F: ++ 32 (0)2/412.42.00
Office: 4/0/18
NEW BOOK: Researching media, democracy and participation.
The intellectual work of the 2006 European media
and communication doctoral summer school.
Available at: http://young.meso.ee/?q=node/54
ICA 2007 Conference [Theme] website @
http://www.vub.ac.be/icatheme07/
!!!!!!NEW!!!!!!!!
Free ECREA Communication Doctoral Summer School Book
"Researching media, democracy and participation" at:
http://www.comsummerschool.org/
---
ECREA Book Series publication
"Reclaiming the Media"
http://www.intellectbooks.co.uk/ppbooks.php?isbn=9781841501635
with in the body of the message (NOT in the subject): unsubscribe ecrea
Postal address: ECREA - P.O. Box 106, B-1210 Brussels 21, Belgium
Email: (ecrea /at/ ulb.ac.be)