[eccr] CFP: War / Terror papers, CCS research seminars

Mon May 16 10:09:49 GMT 2005

>Critical and Cultural Studies
>Macquarie University
>Research seminar series, Semester 2, 2005
>
>Call for Proposals
>The Department of Critical and Cultural Studies, Macquarie University,
>invites seminar papers on the theme of 'War / Terror', for its Semester 2
>research seminar series program, 2005.
>The CCS research seminars highlight the interdisciplinarity of critical
>and cultural studies and provide a showcase for research on topics of
>current interest.
>
>War / Terror
>We seek 150 word proposals for 50-minute papers that address the following
>issues (papers on topics unrelated to the theme are also welcome for
>inclusion in the semester-long seminar series):
>
>*       Rhetorics of war and terrorism
>*       11 September 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States
>*       'Operation Iraqi Freedom'
>*       'Operation Enduring Freedom'
>*       Life under occupation in Iraq and Afghanistan
>*       Torture memos and Abu Ghraib
>*       Pre-emptive strike policies
>*       Technologies of racial profiling
>*       Era of intelligence and counter-terrorism
>*       Cinema and war/terror
>*       Television and war/terror
>*       Writing and war/terror
>*       Psychoanalysis and war/terror
>*       Performance studies and war/terror
>

>Please send your abstract to Dr Deborah Staines for consideration
>by 17th June 2005
>E: (deborah.staines /at/ mq.edu.au)
>
>For further information about appearing in the CCS research seminar
>series, please contact:
>

>Dr. Deborah Staines
>Department of Critical and Cultural Studies
>Macquarie University
>North Ryde, NSW 2109
>AUSTRALIA
>E: (Deborah.Staines /at/ scmp.mq.edu.au)
>P: +61 2 9850 8980
>W: http://www.ccs.mq.edu.au/staff_dstaines.html

Carpentier Nico (Phd)
Vrijheidslaan 17 - B-1081 Brussel - Belgium
T: ++ 32 (0)2-412.42.78
F: ++ 32 (0)2/412.42.00
Office: 4/0/18
Centre for Media Sociology (CeMeSO)
European Consortium for Communication Research
Web: http://www.eccr.info