[eccr] Human rights and media conference

Sun Apr 24 18:54:39 GMT 2005

>We take immense pleasure in inviting you to
>'Opening spaces: Media and Human Rights' A Human Rights and Media
>Conference in Bangalore, India.
>
>Date: 4-8 May 2005
>Venue: Indian Social Institute, ISI, 24 Benson Road, Benson Town,
>Bangalore
>Overall Theme: The right to freedom of expression: The politics
>of dissent and breaking the culture of silence
>
>Please can you confirm as soon as possible if you can come?
>
>Do try make it!
>
>Registration:
>Please register as soon as possible since space constraints do
>not permit more than 150 persons in the venue at any one time.
>Preference would be given to those who stay for all the days.
>
>Registrations [includes tea, lunch and snacks]
>a. General @Rs 125 per day, or Rs 500 for the entire conference.
>b. Students, non-funded groups and more than 2 from an
>organisation
>@100 per day, Rs 400 for the entire conference.
>c. Sales: Rs 500 a day, Rs 2000 for the entire conference
>[includes 1 person].
>
>If you, or someone you know, would like to attend the conference
>and money is the only barrier, do let us know as early as
>possible [latest 24 April 2005] and we will make appropriate
>arrangements.
>
>If you would like to have accommodation at the venue [Rs 175 per
>day double room, Rs 300 per day single room] do let us know
>immediately.
>
>Registrations are done at
>1. Sangama, 13, Royal Park Apts, 34 Park Road, Tasker Town,
>Bangalore
>560052. Behind Hotel Harsha, Near Shibaji Nagar Bus Stand phones:
>2286-8680 and 2286-8121.
>2. Open Space, 125/1, Cross 15, Main 5, Block 2, R T Nagar,
>Bangalore
>560032 phone: 2353-4797
>3. Stree Jagruthi Samithi, 54/1, Old Gurupanpalya, Next to
>Munichinappa Kalyana Mandapa, Banarghatta road, Bangalore 560029.
>phone: 5760-9652 [10.30am to 1.30pm]
>4. Fedina, 154, Anjaneya Temple Street, Domlur Village, Bangalore
>[Contact Person: Mr. Pradeep] [Till 22 April 2005 only].
>phones: 2535-3190 and 2535-3563.
>5. SICHREM, Anjanappa Complex, 35 Hennur Road, Lingarajpuram,
>Bangalore 560084.
>phone: 2547-3922; 9886-333865
>6. iVolunteer, 99, Wheeler Road, Cooke Town, Bangalore 560005
>[Contact Anna].
>Ph 254 69242 Mobile 98451 50840
>

>We look forward to having you with us,
>

>Sincerely
>
>Anita and Edwin
>Bangalore

Carpentier Nico (Phd)
Vrijheidslaan 17 - B-1081 Brussel - Belgium
T: ++ 32 (0)2-412.42.78
F: ++ 32 (0)2/412.42.00
Office: 4/0/18
Centre for Media Sociology (CeMeSO)
European Consortium for Communication Research
Web: http://www.eccr.info