Archive for April 2005

[eccr] CFP: Insides, Outsides and Elsewheres

Mon Apr 04 06:53:46 GMT 2005

>Call for Papers (please circulate):
>

>"Insides, Outsides and Elsewheres"
>
>Canadian Association of Cultural Studies (CACS)
>
>October 20 - 22, 2005
>
>Submission Deadline: May 31, 2005
>

>The Canadian Association of Cultural Studies invites you to join us at
>the University of Alberta Telus Conference Centre in Edmonton Alberta,
>October 20 - 22, 2005.
>

>We are now accepting abstracts of 150 words for our conference
>entitled: "Insides, Outsides and Elsewheres". To elicit and address the
>wide range of work being done under the rubric of cultural studies, we
>are including both themed and non-themed sessions in this call for
>papers. The list of themed sessions is included below.
>

>Please note that if you are submitting an abstract to a themed session
>you must submit directly to the identified session organizer by May 31,
>2005. If you are submitting an abstract to the open call for papers
>please direct them, by the same date, to: (cacs /at/ ualberta.ca) or by mail
>to:
>

>Canadian Association of Cultural Studies (CACS)
>
>c/o Department of Educational Policy Studies
>7-104 Education North
>University of Alberta
>Edmonton, AB, T6G 2G5
>

>Abstracts may not be sent to both a themed session as well as the open
>call. Electronic submissions are preferred, but hard-copy abstracts are
>also accepted. Papers should be no longer than 15-20 minutes long, and
>presenters must be members of CACS by the time of the conference.
>Membership information and registration will be available at the
>conference and is also accessible on our website at
>www.culturalstudies.ca.
>

>Please send all other inquiries to CACS at (cacs /at/ ualberta.ca) or (780)
>492-0773.
>

>The deadline for submission is May 31, 2005. We look forward to seeing
>you in October.
>

>  * * *
>

>Themed sessions (please submit directly to session organizers
>preferably via email):
>

>Screening Masculinities in Third, Diasporic and Transnational Cinemas:
>Intersections and Interrelations
>

>Session Organizer: Melisa Brittain
>(brittain /at/ ualberta.ca)
>Dept. of English and Film Studies
>
>3-5 Humanities Centre
>
>University of Alberta
>
>Edmonton, Alberta, T6G 2E5
>

>To date, masculinity studies has largely focused on white
>masculinities. And while work on post-colonial masculinities began in
>the 1990s, there is still precious little scholarship on how
>masculinities are produced at the intersections of a range of identity
>categories and discursive regimes, such as nation, race, imperialism,
>globalization, sexuality, class, nation, ethnicity and religion, to
>name only the most obvious.
>
>In light of the rising interest in both transnational media studies and
>masculinity studies, and in an effort to remedy the paucity of work on
> [...]

Carpentier Nico (Phd)
Vrijheidslaan 17 - B-1081 Brussel - Belgium
T: ++ 32 (0)2-412.42.78
F: ++ 32 (0)2/412.42.00
Office: 4/0/18
Centre for Media Sociology (CeMeSO)
European Consortium for Communication Research
Web: http://www.eccr.info