Archive for May 2004

[eccr] Encyclopedic Dictionary of Global Studies

Thu May 13 07:13:50 GMT 2004

>Dear colleagues,
>you are welcome to become an author of the International Encyclopedic
>Dictionary of Global Studies.
>
>sincerely,
>
>Alexander N. Chumakov,
>Ph.D. Professor
>First Vice-President of the Russian Philosophical Society
>Volkhonka Str. 14,  room 102, Moscow, Russia, 119992
>Phone/Fax: (095) 201-24-02
>EMAIL: <mailto:(chumakov /at/ iph.ras.ru)>(chumakov /at/ iph.ras.ru)
>Website: <http://www.logic.ru/~phil-soc>www.logic.ru/~phil-soc
>Website: <http://www.globalistika.ru>www.globalistika.ru
>
>+++

       JOINT STOCK COMPANY                                     RUSSIAN
PHILOSOPHICAL SOCIETY
CENTER FOR RESEARCH AND
DEVELOPMENT
                      "DIALOG"
Russia, 117970, Moscow, Zhitnaya St. 14, str.
1.                        Russia, 119992, Moscow, Volkhonka St.,
14.                                         Tel.: 7 (095)
933-19-76
Tel.: 7 (095) 201-24-02

To a suggested author of International Encyclopedic Dictionary of Global
Studies

Dear  ______________________________________________________ ,

The Center for Research and Development "Dialog" in cooperation with Raduga
Publishers and the other Russian and foreign organizations published in
2003 the Global Studies Encyclopedia in the Russian and English languages.
445 prominent scholars from 28 countries are the authors of this first
encyclopedia in the world dedicated to the problems of globalization and to
the main challenges of contemporary world. The volume received "Book of the
Year" award in the category of "Encyclopedia" at the 16th Moscow
International Book Exhibition and Fair (2003). The book is well known and
highly evaluated in Russia and abroad; it has been presented at the largest
international and Russian book exhibitions and has been discussed at
various academic gatherings.
Based on the results of these discussions and considering the extensive
demand for such literature to enable readers to learn more about a new
disciplinary field with multiple terminology that reflects the new language
of the emerging global civilization, the Center "Dialog" and the
Encyclopedia's editorial board have decided to prepare a new volume called
International Encyclopedic Dictionary of Global Studies. We would like this
edition to include the words and terms employed most frequently in Global
Studies or most tightly connected to this field. We expect to cooperate
with the most well known scholars and practitioners from the largest
research centers in Russia and abroad. This dictionary will contain lengthy
definitions and entries up to two standard pages; we expect that it will be
released in the first quarter of 2005.
We offer you to become one of the authors of this dictionary and to
contribute the following entries: &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&.
Entries (or lengthy definitions of terms) including your full name, degree
and contact information are to be e-mailed to (chumakov /at/ logic.ru)  or sent in
electronic form to the Russian Philosophical Society: Russia, 119992,
Moscow, Volkhonka St., 14, RFO Presidium, Professor Chumakov (You can also
send orders for the Global Studies Encyclopedia).  We are open to your
suggestions regarding new terms (in addition to those in the Global Studies
Encyclopedia), new entries on terms covered by the Encyclopedia or to
inviting new highly qualified authors.
Deadline for entries is September 1st, 2004. We would be appreciate if you
informed us about your intent to become an author as soon as possible.
A signed entry should include: the term, its origins (if applicable), the
entry's body. Each entry should meet the following requirements: brevity
(0.2 - 2 pages), topicality, reliable sources, accuracy and reliability of
information, consistency.
The editorial board reserves the right to edit, shorten and decline the
materials sent without explaining reasons.
For additional information, please, call: 7 (095) 201-24-02. Web-site:
www.globalistika.ru
Thank you in advance for your cooperation,

The Editor-in-Chief of the Global Studies Encyclopedia,
First Vice-President of the Russian Philosophical Society,
Ph.D.,
Professor
Alexander N. Chumakov

The Editor-in-Chief of the Global Studies Encyclopedia,
Ph.D.,
Professor
William C. Gay

The Editor-in-Chief of the Global Studies Encyclopedia,
President of Rosneftegazstroy joint stock company,
Ph.D.,
Professor
Ivan I. Mazour

+++

INFORMATION FOR LIBRARIANS
or for whom it may concern

GLOBAL STUDIES ENCYCLOPEDIA. Ed. by. William C. Gay, Alexander N. Chumakov,
Ivan I. Mazour. Moscow: Raduga Publishers, 2003.- 592 p.; Russian
version  - 1328 p.

This is the first encyclopedia in the world dedicated to the problems of
globalization and to the main challenges of the contemporary world. Russian
scholars initiated the project and assembled an international team to
prepare the encyclopedia. This project became possible owing to the close
cooperation of 445 academics from 28 countries who made use of the newest
achievements of distant communication and modern publishing technologies.
More than 1250 signed articles were written by prominent scholars and
leading practitioners specially for this publication or selected on a
competitive basis.
The Encyclopedia edited by both Russians and Americans, has been published
simultaneously in the Russian and English languages. This makes it widely
accessible and open to the world. The volume contains rich encyclopedic
material useful for readers throughout the world. Its publication and
dissemination in many countries aims at expanding academic cooperation,
enhancing dialog and promoting better understanding between peoples with
different outlooks, cultural traditions and religious beliefs. The book is
designed both for scholars and for an audience without specialized
knowledge. It is useful for people of various ages and occupations.
The Encyclopedia is particularly useful for teachers and students of
Philosophy, Environmental Studies, Global Studies and natural sciences.

Retail price (less than 10 copies, without postage) is $70
                         One volume's weight is one kilogram

Orders and requests to be addressed to:

Russia, 117049, Moscow, Donskaya St., 15.
"DIALOG".
Tel.: 7 (095) 933-19-76
Email: (chumakov /at/ iph.ras.ru)

or

Russia, 119992, Moscow,
Volkhonka St., 14, room 101,
RFO Presidium
Tel.: 7 (095) 201-24-02.
                                                                                     Web-site:
www.globalistika.ru

Carpentier Nico (Phd)
Vrijheidslaan 17 - B-1081 Brussel - Belgium
T: ++ 32 (0)2-412.42.78
F: ++ 32 (0)2/412.42.00
Office: 4/0/18
Centre for Media Sociology (CeMeSO)
Office: C0.05
European Consortium for Communication Research
Web: http://www.eccr.info