Archive for September 2003

[eccr] Panos GKP Awards- 2003, Call for Submissions.

Sat Sep 13 11:00:43 GMT 2003

>GKP/Panos Media Award
>Reporting on the Information Society
>Announcement
>
>The inaugural "Reporting on the Information Society" awards, given jointly
>by the Global Knowledge Partnership and Panos, aim to encourage and bring to
>international recognition thoughtful and incisive reporting on developing
>countries' progress to becoming "Information Societies."
>
>Four awards of $2,000 each will be made for published journalism by
>developing country journalists (print, radio, TV or web) that goes beyond
>describing projects or new investment initiatives to analyse broader
>questions such as the social impact of ICTs, particularly on rural or
>disadvantaged groups, or national and global communication policy issues.
>
>The winning entries will be disseminated internationally and honoured at the
>World Summit on the Information Society in Geneva, December 2003.
>
>To submit a piece of work for consideration, send a clipping, audio or video
>tape, transcript or web reference by email to: (award /at/ panoslondon.org.uk)
><mailto:(award /at/ panoslondon.org.uk)>  ; or by post to:
>Kitty Warnock, Panos Institute, 9 White Lion St, London N1 9PD, UK
>
>Deadline for submissions: Oct 15th 2003
>
>For any enquiries about the award process, contact Kitty Warnock at
>(kittyw /at/ panoslondon.org.uk) <mailto:(kittyw /at/ panoslondon.org.uk)>

>The Panos Institute is an NGO which exists to stimulate debate on global
>development issues, including media and communication issues. Panos works
>with journalists in developing countries to produce news, features and
>analysis about the most critical global issues of today. Panos works from
>offices in eleven countries.
>
>The Global Knowledge Partnership (GKP) is a worldwide network of
>organizations committed to harnessing the potentials of information and
>communication technologies (ICT) for sustainable development.  GKP is the
>world's first multistakeholder ICT for Development (ICT4D) partnership at
>the global level, with members comprising governments, donor agencies,
>private sector companies, civil society, networks and international
>institutions.
>
>Submission criteria and instructions
>
>*    Journalists who are citizens of or living in developing countries may
>apply. ("Developing country" is as defined by the UN)
>*    The work submitted can be a piece of print, radio, TV or online
>journalism.
>*    Types of print/web article that will be considered include news
>reports, features, analysis, interviews, opinion/think pieces, and
>editorials. Broadcast pieces can also include debates and phone-in
>programmes.
>*    Submitted works should be stories or features relating to the concept
>of an "information society" and what this means for your country or region.
>The story can focus on any communication medium (from the internet to
> [...]

Carpentier Nico (Phd)
Vrije Universiteit Brussel - Free University Brussels
Studies on Media, Information & Telecommunication (SMIT)
Centre for Media Sociology (CeMeSO)
Office: C0.05
W1: http://smit.vub.ac.be/
W2: http://homepages.vub.ac.be/~ncarpent/