Archive for publications, March 2020

[Commlist] Screenworks 10.2: Practice Pedagogies Special Issue with MPE

Fri Mar 06 19:23:37 GMT 2020

We are delighted to announce our latest edition of Screenworks, Volume 10.2: Special Issue on Practice Pedagogies in partnership with the Journal of Media Practice and Education, co-edited by Lucy Leake and Julian McDougall.

https://screenworks.org.uk/archive/volume-10-2

1. Playing with String by Rachael Jones and Charlie Fripp: https://screenworks.org.uk/archive/volume-10-2/playing-with-string 2. Generation Animation by Adrian Hickey: https://screenworks.org.uk/archive/volume-10-2/generation-animation 3. The Born Free Generation, Phendulani’s Story and Me by Paul Cooke: https://screenworks.org.uk/archive/volume-10-2/the-born-free-generation 4. Seeking Jo: A Spirit in Place by Tilly Craig and Russell Cleave: https://screenworks.org.uk/archive/volume-10-2/a-spirit-in-place 5. The Ethics of Making by Pratap Rughani: https://screenworks.org.uk/archive/volume-10-2/the-ethics-of-making

The corresponding issue of JMPE is available here: https://www.tandfonline.com/action/tocQuickLink?quickLinkJournal=rjmp21&quickLinkId=vrjmp21-21

Screenworks is the peer-reviewed online publication of practice research in film and screen media, edited by Dr Charlotte Crofts (UWE Bristol) and Associate Editors: Dr Alexander Nevill (San Francisco State University), Dr Elan Gamaker (University of Roehampton), Lucy Leake (Plymouth College of Art), and Assistant Editor Will DiGravio (University of Cambridge). Screenworks publishes practice research that produces new knowledge in Communication, Media and Cultural Studies, Art and Design, Performing Arts and related fields. We offer a forum for the dissemination and discussion of practice research that includes space for reflection on research contexts. Work is published alongside a research statement, which offers a ‘route map’ of the research process, together with two anonymous reviews, which provide critical feedback on both the work itself and its research context.

We are still accepting submissions for our current rolling volume 10.1. Please see the Submissions page (https://screenworks.org.uk/submissions) for further information about current calls, deadlines, the peer review process and how to submit your work. Go to our Archive (https://screenworks.org.uk/archive) to explore previous volumes, including the full supporting research statements and peer reviews for each volume.