Archive for calls, April 2024

[Commlist] Scottish Film and TV: Where are we now? 1-Day Symposium

Mon Apr 29 20:52:46 GMT 2024

Please find below details and an Eventbrite link for our Scottish Film and TV: Where are we now? symposium, to be held at Queen Margaret University on Thursday 13 June.

This one-day symposium features a range of speakers discussing Scottish film and television. The day features an opening keynote from Professor Duncan Petrie (/Screening Scotland/ and /Contemporary Scottish Fictions/) and a closing discussion between Dr Jonny Murray (/The New Scottish Cinema/) and Colin McArthur (/Scotch Reels, From Brigadoon to Braveheart/) on Colin's newly released edited collection /Cinema, Culture, Scotland <https://edinburghuniversitypress.com/book-cinema-culture-scotland.html>/. In addition there are panels of speakers throughout the day exploring Scottish film and television from perspectives of production cultures, national identities, folk culture and social and political realities.

We plan to go for a meal after the symposium, followed by a screening of Kenny Glennan's film /Yasmin/ in the evening, with a Q&A between Kenny and Sana Bilgrami from Edinburgh Napier University and hosted at Napier's Merchiston campus.

Tickets are free and you can sign up here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/scottish-film-and-television-where-are-we-now-tickets-888192085437 <https://www.eventbrite.com/e/scottish-film-and-television-where-are-we-now-tickets-888192085437>