Archive for calls, April 2024

[Commlist] CFP: Fan Studies Network North America (FSNNA) conference 2024

Tue Apr 09 12:46:22 GMT 2024

*Fan Studies Network North America is inviting proposals for our annual conference, October 17-20! *

We warmly welcome submissions from early career researchers, graduate students, and independent scholars, as well as established scholars. Likewise, contributions are welcomed from across disciplines: we are interested in work from media studies, the humanities, the social sciences, library science, and more.

We encourage contributions that consider all forms of fandom.This may include specific media texts (e.g., film, television, print texts/series, games, video streaming, etc.), other fan-objects (e.g., sports, music, celebrity culture, etc.), specific national or regional contexts, theoretical approaches to studying fandom, investigations of fanwork genres or fan practices, and more.

This conference will be held online!

See the full call and submit proposals here: https://fsn-northamerica.org/fsnna-24/fsnna24-cfp/ <https://fsn-northamerica.org/fsnna-24/fsnna24-cfp/>