Archive for calls, January 2022

[Commlist] CFP: ICA pre-conference "Other than Human World. Emerging Vegetal Communication in the Public Sphere"

Fri Jan 28 18:33:21 GMT 2022

we are pleased to announce that the deadline of the call for papers for the ICA pre-conference entitled

"Beyond the world of humans. Emerging Plant Communication in Public Space".

is postponed to February 10, 2022.

The pre-conference will take place on 25 and 26 May 2022 in Aix-en-Provence, at the premises of Aix-Marseille University.

Information for the submission of abstracts (in English or French, before February 10, 2022) and the full call for papers can be found on the conference website:

https://vegetals.sciencesconf.org/ <https://vegetals.sciencesconf.org/>

Considering our communication on the plant world leads us to reflect on and analyse our relationship with a living being that is essential to ecosystems and that has symbolic, environmental, societal, economic and cultural importance. Through the study of communication, different axes seem to emerge, which we suggest as a non-exhaustive list for communication proposals:

    - The evolution of the naturalist vision (as theorised by Philippe Descola)
     - The question of the narratives of the relationship with the living
    - The question of territories and their strategies for valuing and promoting so-called green practices     - The question of artistic contributions, many of which are currently supported by territories and/or the question of the relationship with the body and emotions
     - The remediation of culture by nature
    - The questions of normalisation and institutionalisation of our relationship with the living, including the different actors, such as the National or Regional Parks or the cross-border groups     - Changes in the relationship to norms and self-regulation in the relationship to living things
     - Questions of education and communication
     - Issues of anthropisation.

Abstracts for contributions to the conference are expected by February 10, 2022, via the conference website: https://vegetals.sciencesconf.org and also by e-mail to the following addresses: (celine.pascual /at/ univ-amu.fr) and (andrea.catellani /at/ uclouvain.be).