Archive for calls, August 2020

[Commlist] Borders, bordering and sovereignty in digital space // Online symposium

Thu Aug 20 20:51:10 GMT 2020

I’m here to extend an invite to the online symposium Dr Chenchen Zhang and I have organized, Borders, bordering and sovereignty in digital space. The conference is taking place on the 2nd and 3rd of September, between 09:00 to 18:30 GMT+1.

Please find the program attached here<https://twitter.com/carwyn/status/1296182771413639169> (sorry, I don’t have a website for hosting!).

We have the following panels:

  *   Digital activism and alternative imaginaries

  *   Making digital sovereignty I – The European Union

  *   Making digital sovereignty II – China and Russia

  *   Cybersecurity, cyberwarfare, and techno-nationalism

  *   Mobility, border politics, and humanitarian governance

  *   Law, jurisdiction, cyber offences

  *   Dataveillance and data governance

  *   Technology, infrastructure, urban geography

Our roundtables (which may be streamed) are:

* Data sovereignty and data colonialism, with Nick Couldry, Payal Arora, Ralph Litzinger and Amir Anwar

* COVID-19, technology, borders, with Mimi Sheller, Ayona Datta, Florian Schneider and Chenchen Zhang

While the symposium is not ‘public’, we have some room for those whose research interests align with the themes of the symposium.

If you’re interested in attending, please send an email to me on this email address (c.j.morris /at/ lse.ac.uk)<mailto:(c.j.morris /at/ lse.ac.uk)> and we'll look to fit as many people in as we can.