Archive for calls, April 2020

[Commlist] CfP: Datafication and cultural heritage. ECSCW 2020

Sat Apr 04 13:45:09 GMT 2020

/Call for proposals/**

*Datafication and cultural heritage - provocations, threats, and design opportunities
*/A workshop at ECSCW 2020, June 14, in Siegen, Germany./

Due to the current circumstances we are extending the deadline and we will accept remote presentations. New deadline is *April 10th*

Increasing digitization and the emergence of new data sharing practices are likely to change how our understanding of history is negotiated. Archiving practices are not only fundamental for our understanding of the past but vital in navigating the present. We have to pay particular attention to the consequences of the interfaces that curate history, especially in relation to big data. Crowdsourcing, social media, linked open data, and other participatory and open science practices challenge the archiving practices in cultural heritage institutions, but they also open up new opportunities and practices when it comes to understanding and defining our shared culture.

In this workshop we will bring together researchers who have studied these issues or are working to develop critical perspectives on archiving practices.

**

*Deadline for submissions is April 10, 2020.*

The maximum length of a position paper is 2,000 words. The papers should follow the CSCW formatting guidelines <https://www.springer.com/journal/10606/submission-guidelines>. Submissions and inquiries shall be sent to the following email address:(khansson /at/ dsv.su.se) <mailto:(khansson /at/ dsv.su.se)>

Authors of accepted papers will be invited to contribute to a special issue on the theme.

For more information about the workshop and suggested topics visit the web page:https://dataficationandculturalheritage.blogs.dsv.su.se