Archive for calls, February 2008

[ecrea] reminder - Call for Papers Gender and Communication Section

Fri Feb 01 12:57:32 GMT 2008

>REMINDER - DEADLINE IN TWO WEEKS!
>
>GENDER AND COMMUNICATION SECTION - CALL FOR PAPERS
>
>ECREA's 2nd EUROPEAN COMMUNICATION CONFERENCE
>

>PROPOSAL SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 15th February 2008
>
>The Gender and Communication Section cordially invites all scholars who
>address issues within the broad theme of ECREA's 2nd international
>congress - Communication policies and culture in Europe - from a gender
>perspective to submit proposals. (To visit the conference website and read
>the general call for papers, click here).
>
>The Section Gender and Communication aims to bring together scholars who
>approach issues within the field of communication with a specific interest
>in gender. Gender is conceptualized in a broad sense. The section
>specifically seeks inclusivity in relation to gender studies issues (among
>which: ethnicity, identity politics, queer studies, gender in media
>industries, feminist media studies, popular culture studies,
>post-structural theory, philosophical questions).
>
>We welcome interdisciplinary approaches and innovative studies in all
>areas of media and communication research (media production, media texts
>and media use and/or reception) that address the broad theme of the
>congress. Questions of gender within the field of communication and media
>can be approached at theoretical, methodological and/or empirical levels
>(for more information about the Gender and Communication Section click
>here to visit our website or mail to Tonny Krijnen at (Krijnen /at/ fhk.eur.nl)).
>
>This invitation for proposals is for individual papers and posters as well
>as for pre-organised panels, from established academics, young scholars,
>practitioners and postgraduate research students.
>
>Individual paper proposals, individual poster proposals and panel
>proposals can be submitted here.
>
>Notifications of acceptance will be sent out in mid-April 2008, and
>registration will open after December 1, 2007.
>
>Paper-presenters and panellists will be asked to confirm their intention
>to attend by registering before October 24, 2008, in order to be able to
>finalise the conference programme.
>

>PAPER PROPOSALS
>Candidates are asked to include an abstract of minimum 400 and maximum 500
>words, which should contain a clear outline of his/her arguments,
>theoretical framework, methodology and results.
>
>Candidates can submit their abstract in English, in Spanish AND English,
>or in Catalan AND English. Only one proposal as first author will be
>accepted, although more proposals can be submitted as co-author (second,
>&), as chair, or as respondent of a panel. We emphasise, however, that
>each participant will be allowed only one paper presentation. For this
>reason, paper proposals should be submitted by the person who is planning
>to present the paper at the conference. Co-authors will be mentioned in
>the conference programme.
>

>POSTER PROPOSALS
> [...]

Vrijheidslaan 17 - B-1081 Brussel - Belgium
&
Facultés Universitaires Saint-Louis
Boulevard du Jardin Botanique 43  - B-1000 Brussel - Belgium
----------------------------
NEW BOOKS OUT
Understanding Alternative Media
by Olga Bailey, Bart Cammaerts, Nico Carpentier
(December 2007)
http://mcgraw-hill.co.uk/html/0335222102.html
Participation and Media Production. Critical Reflections on Content Creation.
Edited by Nico Carpentier and Benjamin De Cleen
(January 2008)
<http://www.c-s-p.org/Flyers/Participation-and-Media-Production--Critical-Reflections-on-Content-Creation1-84718-453-7.htm>http://www.c-s-p.org/Flyers/Participation-and-Media-Production--Critical-Reflections-on-Content-Creation1-84718-453-7.htm

ECREA's Second European Communication Conference
Barcelona, 25-28 November 2008
http://www.ecrea2008barcelona.org/