Archive for June 2022

[Commlist] Teaching Fellow in Media and Creative Industries

Wed Jun 15 14:47:47 GMT 2022

https://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/CQP730/teaching-fellow-in-media-and-creative-industries-105750-0622, £31,406 to £40,927 per annum, full time, permanent. Deadline 12th July

The School of Creative Arts, Performance and Visual Cultures (SCAPVC) was established in August 2019 within the Faculty of Arts. SCAPVC comprises Film and Television Studies, the Warwick Writing Programme, Theatre and Performance Studies, Cultural and Media Policy Studies (CMPS), and History of Art.

The School wishes to appoint a Teaching Fellow in Media and Creative Industries to work within Cultural and Media Policy Studies. This is an exciting opportunity to develop innovative approaches to teaching, industry engagement and the delivery of an undergraduate programme at a leading international centre.

We are nationally and globally connected in our subject areas, and interdisciplinary in our approach, both within and beyond the University. This post provides an excellent opportunity to be a part of the work and life of a friendly and dynamic Centre, and develop your teaching practice and your work as an academic professional within a secure and supportive environment.

We particularly welcome applicants from those who are significantly underrepresented in our sector, including those identifying as Black or Global Majority teachers and scholars of media, culture and creative industries teaching and/or practice.

You will be working with a committed team of colleagues to build on and complement CMPS’s diverse teaching, research and industry-facing strengths. CMPS at Warwick has an excellent track record in the creative industries and cultural enterprise; media and cultural policy; media, communication and culture; cultural entrepreneurship and cultural management. Our BA (Hons) Media and Creative Industries is fast becoming central to our national and international reputation and to a generation of new digitally-oriented student. The University of Warwick provides an inclusive working and learning environment, recognising and respecting every individual’s differences. We welcome applications from individuals who identify with any of the protected characteristics defined by the Equality Act 2010.

You will be playing a key role in our undergraduate course BA (Hons) Media and Creative Industries, being responsible for teaching students across theory, practice and industry strands of the degree and developing in students a passion for media and creative industries. You will be expected to demonstrate knowledge, and experience, of engagement with the media, creative and/or cultural sectors. You will be expected to assess student projects, case studies, proposals and reports as well as deliver training, tutorials and provide mentoring to students wishing to enter these industries.

To be appointed, you will hold a postgraduate degree or equivalent industry/practice experience. You will have clear potential for, or demonstrated excellence in, teaching, student experience and welfare-based activities (both pastoral and administrative).

Enquiries may be addressed to Dr Jonathan Vickery, Director of CMPS, at (J.P.Vickery /at/ warwick.ac.uk).

Interview Date: TBC.