Archive for June 2022

[Commlist] Senior Lecturer position in Media Studies at Lancaster University

Tue Jun 14 12:17:07 GMT 2022

New position:

*Senior Lecturer in Media Studies***

https://hr-jobs.lancs.ac.uk/Vacancy.aspx?ref=0551-22-R <https://hr-jobs.lancs.ac.uk/Vacancy.aspx?ref=0551-22-R>

*Salary: * £53,348 to £60,022
*Closing Date: * Thursday 30 June 2022
*Interview Date: * To be confirmed
*Reference: *0551-22-R

**

Lancaster University’s Department of Sociology invites applications for a Senior Lecturer in Media Studies to provide leadership in and enhance our teaching in our media and cultural studies programmes. We seek applicants in any area of expertise related to media studies who are excited by the possibilities of joining our dynamic, collegial and interdisciplinary department. We especially welcome applicants who have teaching expertise in digital media, and whose expertise can contribute to our departmental research strengths of alternatives to social and economic inequalities and climate justice, and whose research engages with decolonial, indigenous, or feminist approaches to these issues. You will contribute to the vibrant research culture of the department through your track-record and plans for publications and other research outputs, as well as your plans for grant capture and new research projects. You will also participate in the future development of one of our research centres or groupings as appropriate to their research interests (*https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/sociology/research/research-centres/* <https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/sociology/research/research-centres/>).**

You will contribute to our undergraduate and postgraduate taught programmes, pastoral and academic support to students, and supervise dissertation and PhD projects. You will also take a lead role in the ongoing curriculum development across our media programmes, including around our strategic teaching priority of decolonising the curriculum. You will contribute to the Department’s aim to create an excellent learning environment and outstanding experience for a diverse student body. You will be given training, support, mentoring and opportunities for Professional Development.

The post will be based in Lancaster, and successful candidates will be expected to live in a commutable distance to Bailrigg Campus.

This is a full time, indefinite post.  Interviews will be held week commencing 18 July 2022

For informal enquiries please contact the Head of Department by email *(sociologyhod /at/ lancaster.ac.uk)* <mailto:(sociologyhod /at/ lancaster.ac.uk)>

The Department of Sociology is actively working to diversify its staff body, we particularly encourage applications form Black, Asian and/or Minority Ethnic applicants.