Archive for February 2022

[Commlist] Digital Delights & Disturbances Spring ‘22– Lecture series

Thu Feb 17 11:28:32 GMT 2022

*Digital Delights & Disturbances Spring ‘22*– Lecture series

Presented by: JCU Media and Communications speaker series

Big data, artificial intelligences, algorithmic prediction: are these the solutions to the problems affecting our unstable societies or more sophisticated forms of social control and compliance to the powers that be? Is there any way out from the digital neoliberal realism within which we live? Are there ways to imagine data that are not extractive and abusive, A.I.s that are relational and not intrusive, or a domain of the digital that is not just limited to the ‘social’ of social media?

23^rd of February 2022 – 6pm CET (hybrid on campus and zoom)

*Memesthetics. The digital image as a network*

Valentina Tanni

10^th of March 2022 – 6.30 pm CET (zoom)

*NFTs and Blockchain culture*

Felix Stalder

Geraldine Juàrez

Andrea Baronchelli

16^th of March 2022 – 6.30 pm CET (zoom)

*The emergence of algorithmic solidarity*

Tiziano Bonini

Emiliano Treré

Please rsvp at (ddd /at/ johncabot.edu) <mailto:(ddd /at/ johncabot.edu)>