[Commlist] Two OA books from mediastudies.press, a new scholar-led publisher

Wed Dec 02 13:17:08 GMT 2020

# Two OA books from mediastudies.press, a new scholar-led publisher #

We are excited to announce the release of two new open access books from mediastudies.press—the first titles in our Public Domain series:

## Our Master's Voice, by James Rorty (1934) ##

“I was an ad-man once,” James Rorty writes in this classic dissection of the advertising industry. A neglected masterpiece, the book is republished in this mediastudies.press edition with a new introduction by Jefferson Pooley.

PDF (free) | ePub (free) | Mobi (free) | Paperback ($20)

https://www.mediastudies.press/masters-voice
## Liberty and the News, by Walter Lippmann (1920) ##

Published a century ago as the young Walter Lippmann’s fifth book, the slim volume merits a fresh read in our post-truth moment. Republished in this mediastudies.press edition with a new introduction by Sue Curry Jansen.

PDF (free) | ePub (free) | Mobi (free) | Paperback ($10)

https://www.mediastudies.press/liberty-and-the-news
***

mediastudies.press is a new, open-access publisher for the media and communication studies fields. Launched in 2019, the press is nonprofit, scholar-led, and fee-free. We publish living works, with iterative updates stitched into our process. And we encourage multi-modal submissions that reflect the mediated environments our authors study:

https://www.mediastudies.press/about

We publish open access works in three series:

* Public Domain: https://www.mediastudies.press/public-domain-series <https://www.mediastudies.press/public-domain-series> * Open Reader: https://www.mediastudies.press/open-reader-series <https://www.mediastudies.press/open-reader-series> * History of Media Studies: https://www.mediastudies.press/history-of-media-studies <https://www.mediastudies.press/history-of-media-studies>

We are also launching a journal, *History of Media Studies*, in 2021, dedicated to scholarship on the history of media, film, and communication research and education:

https://hms.mediastudies.press <https://hms.mediastudies.press>