[Commlist] New Issue of Cultural Studies published

Wed Nov 18 17:13:39 GMT 2020

The November issue of the journal/Cultural Studies /has just been published, and I’m delighted to share the table of contents with you. More information can be found here <https://www.tandfonline.com/toc/rcus20/current>.

Thanks, as ever, to our authors, editorial board members, and production team for collaborating on another amazing issue of the journal!

*/CULTURAL STUDIES/** 34(6) (November 2020)*
*Articles*

 1. Towns, “Toward a Black Media Philosophy”
 2. Halliday, “Twerk Sumn!: Theorizing Black Girl Epistemology in the Body”
 3. Ganesh, “Weaponizing white thymos: flows of rage in the online
    audiences of the alt-right”
 4. Hintjens & Ubaldo, “Rwandan Music-Makers Negotiate Shared Cultural
    lIdentities after Genocide: The Case of Orchestre Impala’s Revival”
 5. Mhlambi, “Sound in Urban Public Space: Loudspeaker Broadcasts in
    Johannesburg and Durban in South Africa, 1940s”
 6. Valjakka, “Co-authoring the Space: The Initial Lennon Wall Hong Kong
    in 2014 as Socially Engaged Creativity”
 7. Freeman, “Filming female desire: Queering the gaze of pop music videos”

*Book Reviews*

 1. Erkan, “Control Societies and Machine Ecology”
 2. Teed, “In Uncertain Terms”
 3. Wilde, “Transforming Exhaustion with Affirmation: Aspirational
    Approaches to Posthuman Knowledge Production”

*Front Cover Image & Artist’s Statement*
"Jin Chan" by Alina Wahab (Instagram: @obscureoccultist)
/I find good luck charms and symbols super interesting, and turning one onto its head and using it to represent financial insecurity seemed like a fun exercise./

facebook <https://www.facebook.com/CulturalStudiesJournal/>
	twitter <https://twitter.com/CulturalStdJrnl>
	instagram <https://www.instagram.com/culturalstudiesjournal/>